cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nic83
Message 1 of 3

text messaging

I did have a text enabled phone.

That phone has since broke and I am now unable to make or receive texts.

Problem is that when someone sends me a text to my land line i'm not receiving them anymore because BT is trying to send them to a text phone that is no longer connected.

Does anyone know how to deactivate bt text so I can receive texts as voice messages instead?

I have read messages similar to this and the answer has been to reset the function by typin #1# and sending this to 0000, but I am unable to do this as I no longer have a text phone.

Please help as it is driving me nuts!

thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: text messaging

Hi Nic83, Welcome to the forum. To be able to reactivate the text to voice service you will need to ring the automated number 08005875253. Give it a go and if you are still having problems, please comeback to me. Thanks Paddy
Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
caerdydd
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: text messaging

The way BT Text works the platform is sending the message as Text as there is a piece of equipment on the line that is giving the acknowledgement chirp. If there were no Text enabled phones on the line the platform would not recieve the chirp and would automatically send the message as speech. Would advise you to recheck your equipment. Other than that what network are the messages origtinating from. Is it TMobile or Virgin? These work somewhat diffrently.
0 Ratings