cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lotsofjam
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

the speed of my lines ID profile keeps going down.

This is the third time this has happened now. Same story, the line starts out at 1.75 mbps (I is supposed to be at 2mbps, go figure) then over the course of the next few months it slows down, to 1.50, 1.25, 1, 0.75  until I phone BT and they reset it to 1.75, then the cycle starts again. Why is this happening? I do not, I repeat I DO NOT turn my router off or disconnect it.

NOTE: the connection info below as done shortly after I was forced to do a restart because I was getting 30 kbps on a download. Restarting it jumped it up to 175kbps so please ignore that.

Has anyone seen this before?

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:07:42
Downstream:2.375 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):6.4 dB / 22.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):49.4 dB / 27.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):17.8 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):44442 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):11 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):113 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):5 / 0

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: the speed of my lines ID profile keeps going down.

your ip profile will be changing because of hub restarts  these can happen  at any time and you may not have seen them happen this will have caused your connection speed to have dropped and lowered your connection speed 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: the speed of my lines ID profile keeps going down.

Hi Welcome to the forums
Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com
Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socketTest Socket.jpg
Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Then someone here may be able to help and offer more advice.

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings