cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
THM
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

tracking down account with BT Yahoo emails (so I can back them up forever...)

Hello - advice gratefully received on the following:

I have a BT ID that links 2 phone/broadband accounts (at 2 separate properties).  I believe that the couple of emails associated with that BT ID are all on BT Mail.  

I also have some BT Yahoo email addresses which are very much in use (mainly via Apple devices rather than web mail). I cannot see any record of these BT Yahoo emails on my BT ID account.

I have very recently cancelled one of my BT broadband accounts and my concern is that I may eventually lose access to these BT Yahoo emails (and I have lots, indeed thousands, of important email history in a number of topic folders).

I intend to also cancel the second BT broadband account but before I do that I want to ensure I have secure, backed up and searchable access to both my BT Yahoo email hIstory as well as that in the BT mail emails.  I use only Apple Mac devices & IOS.

Ideally I don't want to be paying a separate fee to BT to keep any of these emails "live"  - and given the BT Yahoo ones no longer have an association with any of my BT billing accounts, I'm not sure that this would be possible anyway??!!!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: tracking down account with BT Yahoo emails (so I can back them up forever...)

@THM wrote:

I also have some BT Yahoo email addresses which are very much in use (mainly via Apple devices rather than web mail).

I have very recently cancelled one of my BT broadband accounts and my concern is that I may eventually lose access to these BT Yahoo emails (and I have lots, indeed thousands, of important email history in a number of topic folders).

Why worry? As you haven't been using Webmail, these emails will remain on your PCs in their email clients even after the a/c's they belonged to no longer exist.

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: tracking down account with BT Yahoo emails (so I can back them up forever...)

XRaySpeX wrote:

Why worry? As you haven't been using Webmail, these emails will remain on your PCs in their email clients even after the a/c's they belonged to no longer exist.

Exactly. One of the several good reasons not to rely on webmail is that an email client stores your stuff on your own equipment rather than entrust it to the cloud. You won't see your messages on webmail if you stick with the general email client default option to delete messages from the server once you've downloaded them.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.