Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dw55
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

transfer email address to another account

Go to solution

I wish to transfer my email addresses (2off) to my Fathers account. how do I achive this?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 5

Re: transfer email address to another account

Go to solution

Hi @dw55

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

The community won't be able to help with this so you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

As a head start, I assume that you currently have your own BTID that you manage the mailboxes from?  For us to move them over, your first need to log in to your BTID and manage your emails.  You can go to manage your extras and select email that way or alternatively, when you're logged into your BTID, you can paste the following link into your top address bar: Email management This will bring you to the page showing the mailboxes currently associated to your BTID.

You'll need to click on "Add to BTID" and enter the password for each of the mailboxes you want to move over.  Once you do that you don't have to do anything else.  That just gives us the option to move the mailbox over.  We will get back to you as soon as you reach the top of our email queue as we deal with cases strictly in turn as we receive them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @dw55,

Thanks for taking my call today, nice speaking with you. I'm glad I was able to get this sorted for you. Post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
itrought
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I have a similar problem. In September, Mods RobbieMac and NeilO helped me, as we thought, to transfer my elderly father-in-law's email address from one BT account to another. We thought at the time that we had successfully transferred it from his old account (now closed, but wasn't then) to his new one. However we now find that if we log in to the new account holder management account and click "Email", it says that there is no associated BT Yahoo email account. The concern is that this is still associated with his now closed account, and he will lose his email address in due course.

Can anyone advise, please? Many thanks.  Ian.

0 Ratings
dc9780
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I am trying to transfer my btinternet email addresses - which are Yahoo - to my partner's BT Broadband account and having been sent round various telephone advisors am feeling a but frustrated.  My Bt internet account is now closed - so there is a time limit - but clearly I dont want to loose an email account i had for nearly 25 years!  do I have to go via a BT Mail account? how do I do that? many thanks. David

0 Ratings