cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satoshi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

two phone lines, not needed

hi, i have a separate bt line upstairs in my bedroom for broadband. we also have a another socket downstairs, which my parents use. last week they came back to bt,(they were originally with talk talk), so now i have two bt sockets and paying twice the line rental. how can i stop that and pay for one when i have bt broadband with the hub upstairs.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: two phone lines, not needed

Phone BT on 150, order broadband on your parents line then cease yours.

If you are still in contract then you will either have to wait for that to finish or pay the cancellation charge.

0 Ratings
satoshi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

hi, thanks for your reply and advice. i don't think i should need to pay a cancellation charge, mainly because when a guy rang me from bt, i had already told him the that i had another line upstairs, but never came back with the answer you gave. anyway thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Hi you would be better to transfer the broadband service from one number than the other if you cease the broadband service you will end up with a 30.00 cease fee for your broadband transferring it will cost you nothing can then cancel the phone service providing you are not in contract for free
0 Ratings