Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 25

Re: uk support tele number ?

Yes!

Saw disastrous foreign outsourcing operations with two former clients, one of which almost destroyed the business.
Message 12 of 25

@jjgraphics, carry on with the post, join up the dots and complete the picture, cos the message hasn't sunk in IMHO 😉
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 25

Can't talk about names, obviously, but one was a major UK company that "outsourced" several functions, including customer service and as a result lost nearly 40% of their business in just about eighteen months.

Resources Director would not listen to complaints, was totally cost-focused. Only after a major Board insurrection was something done . . . almost too late!

Its about time BT listened to their customers . . . GET THE CALL CENTRES BACK INTO THE UK!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Aye to that 🙂
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Toonarmyno1
Beginner
Message 15 of 25

How can a company call itself BRITISH Telecom, but baically be based in India????????????????????????????? theres another lie to add to the list, and thats in the name of the company!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

Hi tooarmyno1 A call centre based in India does not make BT a non UK Based company the majority of its staff are UK based openreach alone have over 21000 uk based employees so no lie calling themselves British Telecom
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 17 of 25

Without doubt there is a UK call centre dealing with Infinity as I was transfered to it by mistake by an offshore centre.

I am on the FTTP trial and was misrouted. But from talking to them they were definately in the UK!! And they do specifically deal with FTTC, so no help for me!

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 25

Yes, there are UK-based support staff, BUTyou cannot call them directly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 25

@hippey wrote:

Without doubt there is a UK call centre dealing with Infinity as I was transfered to it by mistake by an offshore centre.

I am on the FTTP trial and was misrouted. But from talking to them they were definately in the UK!! And they do specifically deal with FTTC, so no help for me!

Hi hippey,

it is as jjgraphics says: " Yes, there are UK-based support staff, BUTyou cannot call them directly." and you have already said that "as I was transfered to it by mistake".

If there was a telephone number for UK support for residential broadband/Infinity use we would all be using it.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 25

I agree,there does not appear to be a UK based call centre that we can directly call,but what seems strange to me is that it seems to depend on how we address the offshore staff,as I have never had any problems with them.
If I think that they are not making any sense,I just say "Ok,I have reported the problem and you do not seem to be able to help,so I quess it`s ok to use my own skills to solve it.?"
It usaully then goes quiet,and another guy or girl comes online and seems to understand more tech stuff,and also speaks better english.I am always polite and even crack a few jokes with some of them,so maybe they just need us to try to understand that they are not english,but are trying hard to understand and help.?

0 Ratings