cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 25

Re: uk support tele number ?

The point it we should not have to be understanding of the off shore team!! they should be fluent in english as to understand us the the customer !! the amount of times i have had to redial because they can not understand me and vice versa !!
0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 25

@mikey_b wrote:
The point it we should not have to be understanding of the off shore team!! they should be fluent in english as to understand us the the customer !! the amount of times i have had to redial because they can not understand me and vice versa !!

I can honestly say I have never, EVER, not been able to understand what they are saying in India. And I've called them a lot. Have you people never left the UK or something? Never dealt with many people with a non-British accent?!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 25

I will have to add that even I find understanding the call centre staff can be troublesome, but I can also say that about Scottish, Welsh and Irish call centre's as wellSmiley Very Happy

But one thing you do have to give them, they are very politeSmiley Wink

And yes @Icarus, I have left the UKSmiley Wink  

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 25

Re: UK support tele number ?

Hi everyone

I'll add my twopennyworth - as someone who did not get anywhere with my calls to India.

I don't think the main problem is that they are in India, it's the script they have, doesn't allow for any problems to be escalated to someone who can solve the problems.

IT'S ALL ABOUT COMMUNICATIONS NOT BEING IN PLACE - RATHER RICH WHEN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT British TeleCOMS.

BT need to overall completely the menu that you come across as soon as you dial up - perhaps 4 options for sales, broadband problems, vision problems and telephone problems. As soon as you've selected your option, you are straight through to an operator who can route you through to the person who can really help you - you might have to repeat yourself twice, but at least you'll stand a better chance of having your problem sorted.

I'll stand back and wait for the flak about my silly proposition. 

Michael.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 25

Re: UK support tele number ?

@ypt wrote:

Hi everyone

I'll add my twopennyworth - as someone who did not get anywhere with my calls to India.

I don't think the main problem is that they are in India, it's the script they have, doesn't allow for any problems to be escalated to someone who can solve the problems.

IT'S ALL ABOUT COMMUNICATIONS NOT BEING IN PLACE - RATHER RICH WHEN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT British TeleCOMS.

BT need to overall completely the menu that you come across as soon as you dial up - perhaps 4 options for sales, broadband problems, vision problems and telephone problems. As soon as you've selected your option, you are straight through to an operator who can route you through to the person who can really help you - you might have to repeat yourself twice, but at least you'll stand a better chance of having your problem sorted.

I'll stand back and wait for the flak about my silly proposition. 

Michael.

Nothing silly about it at all Michael  fighting_43.gif

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings