cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roscotia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

unable to connect wifi printer to home hub 3

Just bought an Epson XP-510 printer.  Whilst I can connect it with a USB cable to my PC I would like to use it wirelessly to print from my iPad and Android Smartphone.  I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to connect to Home Hub 3 using the wi-fi set up wizard on the printer.  It finds the correct network and asks me to "enter password".  It seems to require something with 8 digits but will accept neither my admin password nor the wireless WPS PIN. The only other number I have is the wireless key but this is 10 digits.  Any advice would be much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: unable to connect wifi printer to home hub 3

It requires the wireless passkey.

0 Ratings
roscotia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Is this the same as the wireless key?  If so the set up wizard will only accept the first 8 of the 10 digits and then announces that the setup has failed. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Yes, the same as the wireless key that you use to connect any wireless device to the hub. Seems very odd that the printer only accepts 8 characters. I suppose you could always change the wireless passkey on the hub to an 8 character string. Is there a manual setup option rather than the wizard?

0 Ratings
roscotia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

There doesn't appear to be a manual set up option.  How do I change the wireless passkey?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Haven't got a hub, so don't know exactly, but somewhere in the settings will be an option to change the wireless passkey. Have a look in the wireless settings.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Log onto the Homehub management pages http://bthomehub.home/ and go to wireless passkey. You will find it in Settings, Wireless. You can change it to an eight digit passkey. You will need to change it on all your other wireless devices so that they can connect to the Homehub.

I find it strange that the Epson printer won't take a ten digit passkey. I have an Epson wireless printer and it accepted a ten digit passkey without problem.

0 Ratings