cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

unable to log in through BT Home page.

Go to solution

Every time I try to log into my BT account/emails via the BT home page, after inserting my email address and password and pressing enter, the password disappears and a 'check your cookies box' appears.  Despite clicking on 'no thanks' , this box reappears. 

I access the home page via Microsoft Edge, and have done so ever since I had Windows 10.

When I log into my account via Google, everything works and I can access my BT account and emails.

I have spent the weekend on 'chat help' with a charming Indian lady but to no avail.

Is the problem with the BT Home page.

Also, when is the roll out of BTMail, as I am still with BTYahoo mail?

Any help would be appriciated.

Many Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: unable to log in through BT Home page.

Go to solution

I am on BT Mail and I cannot get to my emails either!

I used to be able to login to MyBT and then click the email box.

All this does now is just go to a white screen with nothing happening.

So I suspect there is a major problem with their home page.

I have found that if I scroll down and select Broadband, click on the email and then on Manage my email,

I can get to the setup page wth all my email addresses and from there the Go To Inbox does work.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, but those options are not available.  During my chat with India, she suggested the following,

'Open command prompt, insert ipconfig/flushdns, then ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew'

Nothing happened. Hope anyone else understands the instructions.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The migration from BTYahoo to BTMail stopped a number of years ago and there is no information or dates when or if this is ever going to restart so you will be remaining on BTYahoo for the foreseeable future.

As regards your log on problem. Have you tried clearin the Edge browser history. See link how to do that.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history

If that doesn't work have you tried a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox to see if that works.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks for the recommendation.  I followed your link and somehow ended up on the Microsoft Support page which informed me that somehow I had blocked all cookies.

After I had changed the settings, bingo, I was back in business.

Thanks once more.

0 Ratings
1 View
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Reply to egros

I am also on Bt mail and cannot get any emails. I too used to sign into MYBT and then the email tab.

Now I log in to MYBT and when I click the email tab I also get the white screen with nothing. Rang BT and told it maybe a problem at their end but he couldnt confirm.

I dont seem to have the broadband option when i scroll down, just checking if everything is back to normal with you.

0 Ratings