cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

unblock us

What's the score with bt and unblock us ? Anyone know I'm thinking of signing up after my free trial to watch us Netflix on my Xbox 360, but everyday my home hub router reboots and changes the dns settings back to the b t ones is this the normal for bt Customers? Is anyone else using unblock Us with bt Broadband?

thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: unblock us

I can't help I'm afraid, but curious.  I haven't found a way to change DNS settings on the HomeHub at all; I'm pretty sure there isn't one (mine is HH3B) or I'd use it.  If you change DNS on a client machine that should stick regardless of reboots to the HomeHub.

Maybe the issue is that the HomeHub reboots are causing your external IP address to change; and that part of the unblock-us verification process relies on that ip to identify you?  Is it you rebooting the homehub, or does it do it itself?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

home hub reboots its self here's what the website says...........

• How it Works

Every computer or other Internet-enabled device has an address. It's made up of numbers, like a street address. Our solution is brilliantly simple. We give you an address where the content you want is available. It's like moving your computer or other device without actually moving it.

• Total Security

Only a small percentage of data sent to to the websites we support flows through our servers. We don't log or analyse any data passing through.

seems to affect the Xbox 360 works fine on the laptop  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Its just a VPN service, its not going to work on a device which needs incoming ports to be forwarded, like the Xbox.

The XBOX is probably flooding the home hub will connection requests, which cannot get through the VPN, which is maybe why its causing it to reset.

There shoud be no need to use a VPN anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

it does work on the xbox we r watching it now lol 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@TheWhizzz wrote:

it does work on the xbox we r watching it now lol 

But you say it causes the home hub to reboot, if so, then you will have to accept that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 9

Sounds as if the XBOX dns settings are not persisting over the reconnection you get at router reboot.  Not sure if any XBOX user can help clarify details on XBOX dns settings.

Depending how important it is to you, you could buy an alternative router to the HomeHub and set up your unblock-us DNS setting in the router.

There are quite a few limitations of the HomeHub; for me the locked DNS settings are the worst limitation (still living with it rather than using an alternative router).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Just use showmonkey.com instead. I've never had that problem with my Xbox before. They can handle different IP addresses on different devices.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 9

I put my ip through mx tool box and it came up with a perfect clearance of =100 saying it doesnt get any better than that and thats through BT. No blocking. Not all ip addresses are equal a lot are blocked. Waselpro is approx £60/year.

0 Ratings