Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamboni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

unexplained uploads.

Go to solution

Even when I have no programs running I see uploads of 5.5KB/s constantly, This is eating my 10GB limit.  I have ran anti-malware, anti-virus etc. nothing was found. How might I find what is causing this please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
hotlips020202
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: unexplained uploads.

Go to solution

how are you measuring this?

0 Ratings
jamboni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
I was using a little program called netmeter. I have been using this for sometime but only recently have seen the uploads,
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@jamboni wrote:

Even when I have no programs running I see uploads of 5.5KB/s constantly, This is eating my 10GB limit.  I have ran anti-malware, anti-virus etc. nothing was found. How might I find what is causing this please?

Hi.

Use something like tcpview and procexp from sysinternals.

What sort of computers/devices do you have in your network ? Don't forget, "internal" activity is counted in most usage programs such as netmeter.

Do you have programs like Skype, Yahoo or other instant messenger programs ? Do you use spotify ?

Highlighted
jimbob
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

if your on win7 or vista use task manger, on the Performance tab at the bottem there should be a button Resource monitor.

btw if you install w7 then DONT put a key in and dont download the update regarding this glitch you got yourself a free copy 🙂 as when the 30 days runs out it wont lock out like xp dose. (tested on win7 home)

-------------------------------------------------
Quad Core 3.42ghz @ idle/load 29/37C (water cooler)
Northbridge 2.2ghz / HyperLink 2ghz
4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
jamboni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
I do not use skype, messenger or other programs like these. When I disconnect the internet connection the usage stops. If I stop Netmeter and use Rackeys(given by BT Help desk operative in India I still have problem. How do I use the sysinternal tools? Thanks.
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Your router will allways be handshaking to the BT system and many programs keep checking for updates and so on

I use bandwidth monitor with tcp connections feature which shows all traffic

The only way to stop up down when not wanted is to block it all with fire wall (with firewall updates turned off) or ditch the connection till required

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

jamboni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
I have just found out how to run tcpview and procexp but I am still not much wiser.
0 Ratings
jamboni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
hamish72, that is what I have been doing since this started happening. This has only seemed to occur since I downgraded to Option!1 from Option 3
0 Ratings
jamboni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
After much trial and error I discovered the offender to be Kontiki (service delivery agent). When I killed this activity stopped . Many Thanks.
0 Ratings