cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
homer1970
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

unlimited WiFi

I can't believe what bt have done. they have charged me for going over my data limit on my WiFi. I was told its was unlimited when I signed up. But if you check the small print its only bt fon that's unlimited WiFi. I've put a complaint in. Has this happen to any one else? plus they want me to upgrade to unlimited broadband but I can get it cheaper else where . we have been with bt for over 40 years. it's disgraceful.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: unlimited WiFi

Your own WiFi comes from your own broadband connection, so it counts against your usage.

If you had connected to the BT FON, or BT wifi signal coming from your own home hub, it would not have counted, but you would have run out of minutes, as its not unlimited.

You are are not charged for the first time it happens, only if you go over the limit next month, so at least you now know where you stand.

0 Ratings
homer1970
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

if the customer services would of told me what you have confirmed I would not have taken broadband with bt . it was they that told me it was unlimited...
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@homer1970 wrote:
if the customer services would of told me what you have confirmed I would not have taken broadband with bt . it was they that told me it was unlimited...

If you end up getting near your limit this month, then just use your BT FON/BT wifi connection.

There is a guide to broadband usage here.

Why is my broadband usage so high?

If you really want to make full use of your BT Broadband connection, then upgrading to the unlimited package would make a lot of sense.

Just keep a watch on your usage this month.

0 Ratings
homer1970
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

that's the other thing though , they never sent me welcome pack with information on what my password is.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you with that information.

If not, then,

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
jjay
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

When i signed up on behalf of my mother in january, she also didn't receive a welcome pack and password??

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 8 of 8

@homer1970 wrote:
that's the other thing though , they never sent me welcome pack with information on what my password is.

Did your home hub not come in a box with, among other things, a slip of paper bearing the default SSID and password?

0 Ratings