cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

unlimited broadband upload speed

im a new broadband customer. the sales rep on the phone said i would get between 7-10Mbps upload speed but im getting more like 1mbps, was i lied to?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: unlimited broadband upload speed

If you're on ADSL and not their fibre product infinity yes you were lied to
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

what product did you buy?

enter phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

run btspeeddtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  should be done wired  

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7--4 to 12.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 7Up to 14 to 12.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 5.5--4.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast------Available

diagnostics

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 16.6 Mbps

0 Mbps21 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 16.6 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 16.94 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.96 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.96Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

you are probably on adsl2/2+ which should give you a down connection speed of about 7mb according to checker but up connection will only be about 1/1.2mb  that is max for adsl2   only with a fibre connection will you get anything higher and according to the checker you do not have a fibre option

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

in that case i was mislead about what i was buying, will i be able to cancel this without being charged?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

you would need to be able to prove you were mis-sold which may be difficult as no provider (apart from cable) can give you a faster conenction than you currently have.  you cannot get a fibre conenction yet as cabinet not FTTC available

how much checking did you do before your entered into your contract?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

i checked if bt was available with the postcode checker, then called BT and asked what was available, they said only copper broadband can be used where i live a the moment, then i asked the speeds and they said 17 down, i asked about upload and they said what i previously stated...so basically im stuck with this ?

im paying same price as infinity for this? ridiculous!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

according to the checker you have no date estimated for your cabinet to be upgrdaed for fibre so not in openreach rollout.  Bt sell the package up to 17mb but that does not mean you will get 17mb.  the speed tou get from your BT contract is no different than you could get from any other ISP unless you have cable available

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

sounds like a misunderstanding as the two speeds quoted are the same
0 Ratings