Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 51

Re: unreliable broadband - please help

don't think so I think they are just spare connections

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 12 of 51

ah ok was just worrying incase half the line was cut or something lol. thanks again 🙂
0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 13 of 51

ok =D im back upto 5200 kbps dno how long it'll last though. ill keep you all posted 🙂

0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 14 of 51

as i thought 😞 back to the same problem. stayed at 4400 kbps to 5300 kbps for roughly 12 hours then rocketed back down to 223 kbps within a few minutes 😞 seems to be the same old plus if im right i think today was the end of my stabilisation period. Hoping it hasnt stabilised at 250kbps max download :(, can anyone help me with this? is there a way to check when stabilisation period ends? thanks to anyone who can help me with this =D

Download speedachieved during the test was - 223 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4832 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 250 Kbps

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 51

are you still connected to the test socket?

as you have not already can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z,) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 16 of 51

Download speedachieved during the test was - 103 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :1792 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

Connection Information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 01:18:41
Downstream1,792 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.1 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)33.6 dB / 18.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)34.4 dB / 21.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)3.1 dBm / 1.4 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)10 / 1
CRC Errors (Down/Up)20 / 5
HEC Errors (Down/Up)53 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)

8 / 1

0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 17 of 51

sorry for the delay went down to 50kbs internet couldnt even access online, i've got through to the forum moderators they've confirmed it wasn't a fault at my end and that my line was clear, they've said they've contacted the exchange that supplies me and told them to sort the problem out, theyve also said the tests monitoring my line will take place between 24 - 48 hours roughly about 6 hours from now it will start, so im hoping for the best. not holding my breath though >.<. oh also i apparently suffered 21 disconnections in my internet in one morning yesterday which was like what the **bleep**, only thing i can guess is that my exchange is screwing me around to get that many drops in internet without being my on my end.

P.S. still connected to test socket haven't unplugged or reset at all in 3 - 4 days since i started this thread. thanks all

0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 18 of 51

Download speedachieved during the test was - 113 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :6016 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

still suffering from same problem, no one has contacted since i was told my line was being monitored, i'm going to seek compensation if possible as i have been recieving less than 2% of my maximum download speed for this line and have found the customer support line terrible to say the least with constantly being passed on and multiple people telling me they were on the case and they would contact me within a week and never heard from them again, could anyone help me with the steps i need to follow to seek compensation also the problem has been ongoing for 4 - 5 months with bad speeds 2 months of this BT has known of the problem via the support line and am yet to see an improvement that lasts more than 12 hours sometimes 20 minutes before reverting back to the slow speed usually 0.13 mbps. I shall be contacting CISAS soon with all my information to seek legal advice. would be very grateful for any advice on this subject.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 51

looks like the best down speed 6016 you have had in your stats but your profile still at 135.  are you still having connection problems with your router resetting which is stopping you getting the required 3/5 dayd solid connection for profile to rise

have you had anymore contact from the mods?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 20 of 51

i received one phone call after i contacted them and i was told he would contact me within 48 hours currently been 3 days, my dsl speed was originally at 6000 however it seems the longer it stays at 0.13 mbps speed the more the dsl speed drops and the moment its reset it goes back to 6000 and gradually drops again as the download speed is still 0.13 mbps. I was contacted the other day and told i had suffered 21 disruptions in the morning (guessing 7 am to 12 pm) as he phone me at roughly 12 and im guessing he meant office hours, anyway he asked me if i had reset it at all or caused these interruptions ( to be honest i had been on a binge the night before and didn't get up till the phone rang) so it was and no one else was there so i'm not sure to the cause of this and i have not to be too confident but i believe to be a perfect system everything is wired correctly theres nothing to cause interference and my phone is a high quality BT phone costing atleast £80.

The only disconnections i notice are when a phone call is taken or when my internet speed is really slow (0.13mbps) however the only reason i notice this is that i play xbox live and its constantly streaming so any lapse of internet is shown( the disconnections only usually last from 5 seconds to 1 minute) however my home hub broadband light doesnt always go orange when this occurs thats why its so hard to spot, i dont know whether a drop in internet that doesnt last longer than a certain time isnt shown through the home hub lights.

0 Ratings