cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 51

Re: unreliable broadband - please help

if your line drops when phone call have you tried in first instance to replace the filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 22 of 51

tried 4 different filters consisting of 2 different model filters (2 of each type)

new test results

Download speedachieved during the test was - 103 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :6016 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 51

does it happen everytime there is a phone call or is it intermittent?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 24 of 51

cant be 100% sure as i only notice it when playing on xbox live, but yes every phone call made or received whilst im on xbox live causes a problem, if the phonecall ends quickly the connection comes straight back within a few seconds, if the phonecall lasts a long time it will cut out the broadband connection completely and the orange flashing light will appear on the hub. sometimes even just the phone ringing without being answered cuts the internet out but this is intermittent

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 51

I have seen this on the forum before and I'm sure that another OP said that was a high resistance fault and need mod assistance.

so looks like you need to contact mods again  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 26 of 51

i lodged a complaint again earlier this day with my reference numbers to previous problems and an in depth description of the problem as my previous problems were closed when they werent ever solved so i should get a call off them tomorrow hopefully, they seem to keep doing the same stuff over and over again even though they've read my previous notes

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 51

well if that fails then use the mods as they have a good record of providing assistance

0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 28 of 51

will do, hopefully this will be the last time i need to kick up a fuss lol, ill let you know if anything changed. thanks

0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 29 of 51

i swear someone at the exchange has got it out for me, within 5 hours of posting my ip profile shoots to 5mbps now i play the waiting game and see if it drops again

0 Ratings
Rob_Hale
Contributor
Message 30 of 51

yo imjolly could you help me out with a question, you know my speeds keep dropping to 0.13mbps, does this mean its not a problem at my end if it suddenly goes to 5 mbps without making any changes to anything like it did last night, cause its gone back to 0.13 mbps now.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 106 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :224 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

in 9 hours my dsl has gone from 6000 to 224 and my ip profiles plummeted aswell, i have a feeling your right imjolly it could very well be a high resistance line 😞 what do they do to fix this?

0 Ratings