cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 41

Re: upload speed half of what it should be download is ok - newish install 2 days old.

When they did mine they gave me a choice. Either take every extension plate apart to disable them, so there would be no extensions run off the line between the entry point into the house and where my hub was (as they could be causing errors), OR run a line externally from the entry point up to the hub, so it was first in line, and keep the extensions, but they would now be downstream of the entry point/hub.

So there was no ripping out of lines etc, I went for the new line, which they installed in about 45 minutes. They just needed access to the hub faceplate and backdrilled a hole through it out of the wall, to feed the new cable in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 41

Re: upload speed half of what it should be download is ok - newish install 2 days old.

i will go by what the best advice is from the OR eng when he visits my house. but i think option 2 "run a line externally from the entry point up to the hub, so it was first in line, and keep the extensions, but they would now be downstream of the entry point/hub".

will be the best option for us, they can do want they need to do as long as it works, thanks 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 41

Here is a little update on my BT fault as early on today i got to speak to the Executive Level Technical Complaints main person, after sending an email off to the BT Chief Executive late afternoon yesterday.

The person I spoke to was very helpful when he listened to my BT issue, plus he said he was going to keep an eye on my fault to make sure I am fully happy when the issue gets resolved.

So after a couple minutes of talking he booked me a BT Open Reach installer \ engineer for tomorrow morning to visit my house & get the issue in question sorted out.

I have to thank him for sorting out & booking someone to visit to my house so quick, as that is the great back up service I would like from BT nowadays or if & when needed that is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 41

Well, hopefully the engineer will be proficient and get you sorted the way you want.

Let us know how things work out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 41

thanks i will let you know how i get on & fingers toes crossed the line will be fast & stable for a long time......

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 36 of 41

well OR came out to me and now the download speed as gone up by 7 Mb\s to 61 Mb\s & the download speed what was the main issue as gone up by 2 Mb\s to 10 Mb\s ( not the best i could maybe get on my bt profile but the best the line can take maybe ).
however the main thing is that the install what the 3rd party did as been checked & changed so the install & line are now the best it can maybe be ( the open reach installer \ engineer did his upmost best to get my speeds up & the line the best it can be ) to improve my speeds & to make the line stable.
He made sure the new master socket in my bedroom was the first one to be linked to the telegraph pole, & then the rest of the house sockets came after this master socket where the hh5 is plugged in to. he also reset my fibre profile etc to make sure my line was fully reset to get the best speeds the line can get. 

therefore i have to say thanks to the OR lad who came to my house,as i think my upload speed can not be the full or close to the 17 to 19 Mb\s that the BT quoted me for my line, i will keep a eye on my line.

also one last thing is there any way i could get a static IP address please for my line as it would help me to monitor it, plus i do some pc support now & then so a static IP might come in handy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 41

Try using speedtest.net - I always get a faster upload on that than using BTW.

Glad to hear everything is sorted. Thing to do now is leave all alone and let it stabilise. I think iniitially my upload was lower than it is now. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 38 of 41

many thanks for your input along with a few other people on here plus cheers for the tips on this issue also, as its nice to see on forums other end users helping each other out these days.

however i do indeed all ready use speedtest.net & a few other ones to test my speeds so i get a ave for it.

also i have just noiced the cored phone in the main bedroom only works if it is plugged in to a adsl mirco filter ( i use the adsl nation XF-1e filters. ), but the other 3 cordless phones are ok if the master phone is just plugged in the the now standard bt socket in the kicken with no filter.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 39 of 41

well it as been fine for a week but now i am 10 Mb\s lower on the download speed ( down to 50 Mb\s from a good & stable 61 Mb\s ), as the router restarted this morning yet again but this time it as synced at a lower speedso now my download speed is some what lower !.

is this due to bank holiday & BT setting speeds lower to handle the internet use over the break ??.

looks like when the main man in the know in the complaints dept rings me soon for a follow up report off me about my issue. i will have to take this a bit futher & see if my hub is faulty or there is still something a miss on myline.

5. VDSL uptime:0 days, 09:54:27
6. Data rate:9954 / 53818
7. Maximum data rate:10368 / 61713
8. Noise margin:6.4 / 5.9
9. Line attenuation:0.0 / 22.3
10. Signal attenuation:0.0 / 20.6

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 40 of 41

Try a factory reset of the hub.

0 Ratings