Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gazzaing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

urgent help required

hi

moved to new address in december previous occupents had not cancelled phone and broadband , so finnaly sky said after much back and forth that they would take over line  bb speed would be 7 meg approx , 2 weeks later sky tell me that they cant take over line but could give me a new one at a cost of £100 , i said no chance

go to BT they said its cool would give me new line  would go live on 14 th jan and then i could order bb , old no disconnected and on 14 phone went live , orderd bb  was told i would get 7 meg approx and vision on 15th jan, full package everthing  the full bifta , lol acctivation date 24th jan  so today arrives but equipment does not  ,  phone up and find out order has not even been put through , ok these things happen n, we decide to reorder full package , problem , cant get vision , why? i can only get speed of 512kbps , 5 cheacks later confirms every time the same 512 kbps, im 140 meters from exchange how can i go from 7 meg to0 512 kbps ???  which as we all no is useless  i have 3 computers and a playstation 512 kbps is not going to go far , all my nighbours get 7 meg approc give or take a few kbps   so whats going on ? am i on a fixed profile ? why ? i can c exchange from livingroom window lol  i live in a small village so i would dought if even if new line went all round village i would be as low as that ,

have just done bt cheacker and 2 numbers further down rd by about 40 meters  get between 7-8 meg and 2 propertys about 20 meters  along rd  towards exchange get the same and me in the middle gets 512 kbps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats going on here and how do i get bt to do anything about it sales keep saying thats what cheacker says so thats it , thats best u are gonna get

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: urgent help required

Hi

Until broadband has been active on a line for at least 10 days  there is no accurate data stored on your line as your neighbours are getting those types of speed it is possible you could as well but that will only show after the connection has been activated

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

It does seem very odd that you areso close to the exchange but getting quoted 512 and the neighbours round about are all about 7mb.

Just an off the wall idea but is it possible the previous ocupants had an old connection of 512 which was never upgraded.  just there was a case like this on the forum not long ago.  as I say totally off the wall

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Good point i was thinking that as the line was originally with sky could have been llu and no new data on bt wholesale checker
0 Ratings
gazzaing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

yea and its always 512 , almost like a fixed profile , property is only 18 months old , was told by previouus occupents that they got very goods speeds .was one of the first things i asked them lol

0 Ratings
gazzaing
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

no small village  no one orovides llu service i think there are only about 700 housholds in whole area

previous occupents were with bt

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

If only 18 month old it would seem unlikely that it is a 512 connection - as I said it was 'off the wall'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings