cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

usage update?!?

as a relatively new BT customer im seriously shocked at how bad a service you provide! BT are obviously trying to get their customers to go over their usage limits by any means!! 

Why, when virtually every other company out there updates it in real time do BT customer have to guess their current usage? its coming up to the end of the month and surprise surprise my usage hasnt been updated in almost 36hours!?!

last month i was stung with over usage charges. The final 2 days of the month i tried to log into BT to see where i was at only for the site to be under maintenance at the time so i couldnt check. I still dont know how much i actually used but sure the full overusage charge is there. I complained to BT about it only for you to say there were no faults registered so i must of made it up!?! but after some of the conversations ive had with BT CS i was just happy they spoke english. 

And here we are again. Coming to the end of the month and my usage is only correct upto 23:59 on the 25th yet its 8.20am 27th. 

And while we are on the subject of broadband. Why sell me your all singing all dancing BT infinity package and then put a 40gb per month limit? That barely covers one persons usage in this modern world let alone a family. 

Signing up to BT is by far one of the biggest mistakes Ive made this year!!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: usage update?!?

It's 22:39 on the 18/12/2014 but the BT Usage Monitor hasn't been updated since the 16th/12/2014

Why is this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Len77 wrote:

And while we are on the subject of broadband. Why sell me your all singing all dancing BT infinity package and then put a 40gb per month limit? That barely covers one persons usage in this modern world let alone a family.

This forum is essentially a customer to customer affair and messages do not necessarily get taken on board by anyone in BT. Isn't the point that you must have chosen the limited option? Not a good decision it seems in view of your comment here, but you can still upgrade to unlimited for about the same monthly cost as the minimum excess use charge; best way is to call the Options Team on 0800 800 030 (ignoring the reference to BT Business).

That said, BT's usage monitor is problematic. One of the reasons given for not giving real time data is that non-chargeable use such as BTTV has to be deducted; I'm not a technician but you would have thought it possible to overcome that.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

What I cannot understand is that at the moment, 11.50 a.m., Mon. 28 March, the usage has updated, but not the date. It is showing 26 March.  If I look on earlier in the day, neither the usage or date has updated, then a few hours later it will show an updated usage, but not date and then even later in the day, the date will update.  As this is all supposed to happen at 23.59 hrs., why doesn't it???  I have even had a message on the 1st of the month to say that I have used over 14 GB and that I may exceed my allowance.  NO, NO, no, the 14GB was yesterday, not 1st of the month.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

the usage monitor often has delays in updating at weekends and particularly bank holidays also the emails come out automatically and can get delayed particularly at a month end

The online monitor is usually updated by this afternoon, sometimes earlier. It will then show up to midnight of the previous day for the month so far.  The reason it's not realtime is due to system having to remove data excluded from the figures, e.g btcloud, btvision.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Get an unlimited package. No worries then.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings