Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dazza75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

using DMZ on bt hub 3.0 for ps3

Go to solution

Morning.

Having had a moderate nat type and needing to get it open to play mw3 with no connection problems.

I have placed the ps3 in Dmz as host but only when im gaming as i did see it say there is a risk.

now my firewall is at default and NOT disabled so there must be some protection, but i was concerned last night when i was gaming my missis started using facebook on the pc while the hub was set to Dmz. when i finish on the ps3 i switch it back  to normal. anyone one got any other ideas?? as i know there is some risk at what im doing.

many Thanks

Dazza

ps i have tried the upnp is set correct and have bben through the home net work devices and the ps3 is applyed in everyway!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
richamph
Message 2 of 9

Re: using DMZ on bt hub 3.0 for ps3

Go to solution

Your pc should be fine because you can only put one device as the DMZ host at any given time in this case you selected the PS3 so any other devices conected to the hub are still behind the firewall and protected regardless of the fact that your PS3 is in the DMZ.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dazza75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Yes understood thanks very much. I do have a link to do some port forwarding now, I will try that later and see how I go.

Regards

Dazza

0 Ratings
an_online_gamer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

had to do the same for my ps3 mate.. and yes any other connection will be behind the firewall like others have said.. the funny thing is on the xbox its always open nat but on the ps3 its strict/moderate or open ??? bit strange that..

0 Ratings
dazza75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I did manage to get it open by using a port forwarding site, creating an application setting 8 ports.

There was then an update now it seems to be back to moderate, Plus i seem to be having more LAG then. ever!

but that could be there servers?

Dazza

0 Ratings
hedgy_Boii
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I know you said you have used the portforward site, but i did and its sorted mine! use the portforward.com site. click on port list and look for the "PS3 call of duty modern warfare 3" ports! not the "call of duty modern warfare 3" near the top of the list, scroll down until you get to the PS3 section! open your router and create a new application and add it to your ps3 device! mine works fine and my nat type is always open! you have no need to put your PS3 in the DMZ!!!!!! its not a good idea anyway. 

0 Ratings
dazza75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub2/PS3_Call_of_Duty_-_Modern_Warfa...

This was the link i used  it worked, but is not working now? I think I might have changed something. At the start do I select the yes or no box on copying an existing application?? It has it as yes?? I think I will use the pin reset and start again see what happens.

0 Ratings
dazza75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
i marked the above as my solution as the port forwarding site worked, it was me. not following easy steps and rushing 😉 thanks guys for your help and info.

Dazza!!
0 Ratings
Oscar71
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Nice work hedgy_Boii, just done this for MW3 on PC and now my NAT is open once again :):)

0 Ratings