Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

using NETGEAR ProSafe SRXN3205 router with OpenReach modem

Go to solution

I've just had my BT Infinity install completed this morning. I'd really like to use my existing NETGEAR ProSafe SRXN3205 router in conjunction with the OpenReach modem instead of the BT Home Hub 3.

I'm struggling to get it to work. I've reset my NETGEAR to factory defaults, then entered the username "bthomehub@btbroadband.com" in the appropriate field on the NETGEAR's configuration.

Still no joy. Anyone got this same setup and working and can offer some assistance?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: using NETGEAR ProSafe SRXN3205 router with OpenReach modem

Go to solution

I wonder if this is of use regarding a Netgear but model WNR3500L....

"obviously I will have to configure the web interface to connect via PPPoE and use the HH's login credentials "

From this thread http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Replacing-HH2-with-another-router/m-p/236983/highlight/true#M...

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks. Unless anyone can tell me otherwise, I'm fairly sure that's what I've done. I've left everything else at the default configuration but added "bthomehub@btbroadband.com" as the username in appropriate field, and left the password blank. The status page on the router just shows "not yet connected" or some such phrase.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Try using your £@$%$%$@btinternet.com email address as your username and BT as the password.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Why do you suggest that? If that is indeed the username and password to use, then it would mean the BT Home Hub has been delivered to me pre-configured with that same username and password. I don't think that is the case. I'm sure all Home Hubs are delivered in "factory reset" state.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, as you said it should be just bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the other field left blank, my cousin needed to know this to set my TP-Link router up i don't know what else he dne as he's the techie. But that's the info i had to get from a mod on here for him to set it up.

Regards

Guy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Galexa,

In a post a while back, someone had to put a "space" in the password section to get their router working.

It's worth a try, I would say that during the training period it's best not to turn the router and/or the modem off and on, as this can indicate a fault to the gear in the exchange and this reduces your profile i.e. the max speed you will get!

Michael

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@Galexa wrote:

Thanks. Unless anyone can tell me otherwise, I'm fairly sure that's what I've done. I've left everything else at the default configuration but added "bthomehub@btbroadband.com" as the username in appropriate field, and left the password blank. The status page on the router just shows "not yet connected" or some such phrase.

Hi there,

I'm using a Netgear WNR3500L and when I set up the connection, what I did was use the following:

username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

password: [anything you like as long as it isn't left blank - I personally used "bt"]

See below for a screenie. 🙂 🙂

NETGEAR Router WNR3500L.jpg

I hope this info helps. 😄

*** Edited to evict that pesky typo gremlin again! 😛 ***

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Galexa

Fingers crossed Rottie's info will help you get it going.... Smiley Happy

If it does and you're happy with the Netgear SRXN3205 as a substitute for the HH3, would you consider posting in the thread shown below as a known working replacement?

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/List-of-Routers-to-replace-Home-Hub-3/td-p/298203

Thanks 

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Putting something/anything in the password field appears to solve the problem. Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings