Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

vdsl droppout

Hi Folks,

I've been an infinity customer for nearly 2 years, for the last few monthes i've been getting regular vDSL drop outs. i've tried resets, checked wiring, unplugged devices and the landline phone, all to no avail. 

this is becoming a really issue for me as i work from home (I actually work for a company that wholesales BT calls/minutes funnily enough). The drop out are usuall fairly random but when i get one i usually have more then it might be ok for a day or 2 then have another set.

Is there anything else i can try? what's the best way of getting an engineer to come have a look and what should they be looking for?  also is there a way to reduce the amount of visits as i've seen people that have taken 3-4 visits to get it sorted?

Thanks,

Rob

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: vdsl droppout

When you say VDSL dropouts, do you mean the OR modem lights change?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

yes the openreach modem DSL light goes out then starts to flash as it re-connects
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Can you post your IP Profile by running the BT Performance test at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com please? When the first test has finished, press the Further Diagnostics button then after you enter your phone number, your IP Profile should be displayed.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

i've tried a few times and always get the error:

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

That's too bad. All you can do is ring the Helpdesk and request an engineer. Hopefully the helpdesk should be able to see your disconnections.

Do you find your phone noisy? You could try the Quiet line test on 17070 option 2. It should be silent.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for your help.

I called them and i've been forwarded on to 2nd line support so have 24-48 hours to wait for a call back.
0 Ratings