cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 11 of 28

Re: very shoddy service!

Nope. From what I understand the line from cabinet to exchange has been reused so it's connected from house to cab but not cab to exchange.
The previous owner had sky.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 28

if the previous owner had sky and you are taking the line over there should be no charge
0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

That's what I thought. The property did sit empty for a spell. When filling in the online form for moving it said that it couldn't find a line.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 28

The latest tariff guide is available here......

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

Makes interesting reading.......

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 15 of 28

Hmm 47 pages worth. Probly not best to read it before work. A quick look at the fist couple of pages really makes me question why I'm being charged but I've not read it all yet.
I've checked the status of the order for Tuesday and it says my online account that broadband and tv services are dew to go live the 20th...now I'm very confused. If one of the mods could get involved and find out exactly what is going on I'd be very grateful.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 16 of 28

Hi InterMatt,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 28

Probably best not too read it before bedtime either.......Smiley Wink

A couple of paragraphs stood out.....

A connection charge will not be payable for a single line when ordered with any Broadband & Calls package*

If you take over an existing line where no changes are needed to wiring inside or outside the home and no work is required at the exchange to reconnect to BT, the charge will be £0.00.

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 18 of 28

Yeah that's the ones that caught my eye Shirts. Thanks for that
Thanks David I'm on my way to work so it'll be later tonight but I'll be in touch today.
0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Ok so I've not heard back from David yet but just got a voicemail from the bt call center saying that the engineer appointment for installing a new phone line had been cancelled.

Now...it wasn't a new phone line that was requested. But if that's what the engineer was coming to do it's just as well it's been changed. What I would like to know is am I getting connected on Tuesday?! 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 28

The forum mod team will contact your personally by email or phone normally within 3/5 working days of you mailing them and take personal ownership until resolved and give you a single point of contact in the UK
0 Ratings