Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

very slow download

Hi,

after weeks of poor performance a very noisy phone line is fixed and the wiring from the outside pole through to the main socket completely replaced. Looking good?

BT BB Availability 20170307.png

BT HH5 log 20170307.png

BT results 20170307.png

currently HH5, HH6 was no better and prone to extended flashing orange light!

Looks to me as if the connection is throttled? Have previously had 30+Mb download?

Any help very welcome

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: very slow download

Do you happen to know whether the Openreach engineer reset the connection at all after the repair?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Looking at the noise margin, I'd say not...
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

If it was a PSTN fault, then that would explain why.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

not sure if the connection was reset but download has been barely 2-3Mb for the last 4 weeks at least?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 6 of 12

You'll need help with that ... the moderators of this forum are BT employees, who'll have access to case notes on your connection. Wait for an invite to contact their link ... and they'll look into it for you and get it reset. May take a day or two.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 12

Hi @ultraslowbb and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. The stats you've posted certainly point to a problem but we can't reset profiles on fiber connections. Send me over your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

BT man visited and did a reset, great. ~39Mb download speed.

Tried again this morning, back to 2.48Mb cap. This cannort be for real surely?BB speed 20170309.pngBB speed 20170310.pngHH6 event log 20170310.pngHH6 info 20170310.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Then you still have a line fault. Is your phone still clear, without any crackling or noise?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

yes, quiet line test is quiet

0 Ratings