cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sholland888
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

viewing card instead of 10m cable and other questions

Q 1, Is it possible to have a Viewing card for bt sport instead of a cable.

Q 2,  if not can I have the 10m ethernet cable plugged in just to watch a football match then go back to powerline adapters the rest of the time ?

Q 3, What do you do when you put the cable in does it auto update or do you have to fiddle with settings.

I am one of the many people who have not realised that to view bt sports it had to be hardwired. (I was not told over the phone when I registered for it and only found out when after a week I still had no channels and rung up to complain).

I have been sent a 10m cable by BT but it does not help as the layout of the house means a cable running down the hallway through a door that is next to the bottom of the stairs and across the middle of the front room floor.

I have BT Vision black box and hub 3 with infinity

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: viewing card instead of 10m cable and other questions

Have you actually tried it yet with the powerline adaptors?  The speed you get through them is entirely dependent on your house wiring, and BT doesn't know what it will be.  Because of that, they recommend a direct ethernet cable for the new HD and multicast channels.

However, it may work fine for you just using the adaptors.  If not, then you could temporarily switch to an ethernet cable.  You wouldn't have to change anything else - the cable is only used to give a more reliable connection.

0 Ratings
sholland888
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I went on holiday for a week and came back expecting the channels to be working this is when i phoned up and was told cable needed.

I tested my PLA speed by putting my laptop cable into the PLA at tv point and it read download speed 30.03 and upload 9.39, the wiring in the house is very old.

My wife has allowed me to run the cable through the wall which is what I am doing now, what happens when I connect the cable will the channels just appear.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

You might need to scan for channels if they are not already there.  And that assumes that BT have actually set your account up correctly.

0 Ratings