Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spewy
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

viewing on multiple screens

Hi all,

I recently moved from Sly to BT. My main Sly box was located in my main sitting room but i could view the same screen in another room that was connected via coax cable. Since BT was installed i have lost that capability.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: viewing on multiple screens

There are a few solutions. One would be to run a scary out of the back of the youview box through an rf modulator and then on to your other TVs via a coax cable (just like your sky box does). The second would be scart out the back of the BT box and use a video sender. The solution I use is to use a home splitter and send the bt signal to my tv's via hdmi over cat5e.

If you pick a solution we will help you buy the right bits and install your setup. Controlling the system is a different kettle of fish.
0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Scary = scart (iPad issues)
0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Oh and home = hdmi.
0 Ratings
Spewy
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the input

What is the cost for the options you suggested?

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 6 of 6

RF modulators are less than £25 on Amazon or eBay. I have hdmi over cat 6 which cost about £60 but obviously you have the issue of having to run network cable. Ours was a lot easier as its a new build and I had it pre wired with network cable when it was being built. Video senders are about £30+ but if you want 5ghz ones (I'd suggest these if you do choose this option,you could probably double the price easily).
0 Ratings