cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickjames
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

vision box losing internet connection

I have Bt Infinity with a cable connection to my vision box. about every two weeks the box loses internet connection, that is the blue light goes out and the screen tells me I have no connection. I disconnect the ethernet cable from the rear of the box plug it back in again and up comes the blue light and all is well, for about 2 weeks, then it happens again.

I have a simple set up, Homehub 5 and vision box, no apps or fancy equipment connected, not even a smart tv.

I have read on the forums others who have this problem and there seems to be no answer other than do this or do that,none of which work.

There is obviously a problem with the hub or the box but rather that have sleepless nights I just disconnect and reconnect, any point along the connect is ok, I trust BT will get around to fixing what is probably a bug in software, but only if enough people post a problem, that is why I have posted this.

I won't hold my breath.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Mac_Taylor
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: vision box losing internet connection

See this other Board Posting on the same issue - I posted a Possible solution. (If you use the you View app)

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/Youview-disconnects-from-the-internet/td-p/1338945

Mac.

0 Ratings