Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dean74
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

waiting for cabinet to be enabled

Skelmersdale exchange/Cabinet 56.

Openreach site keeps changing from under review to accepting orders to we cant tell from this number.

Really irritating as I have recently moved only half a mile away with my old property on an old street with an enabled cabinet. Now im here on a new street my cabinet is not enabled.

Im about hundred metres from my cabinet (56) and both my property and cabinet no more than a quarter of a mile from exchange.

BT keep saying that engineers are in the area and openreach did not help at all, infact really rude and said I should not be calling them.

There is no excuse.... ENABLE THIS CABINET SO THIS WHOLE STREET CAN HAVE FIBRE....PLEASE

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: waiting for cabinet to be enabled

There is nothing any one can do to help you as it is Openreach who are responsible for the fibre rollout for all ISP's not just BT

there are many reasons for a cabinet not being enabled the two main ones is a delay in getting power to the cabinet this is in the hands of your local electricity supplier
or blocked and damaged cable ducts preventing fibre being blown to the cabinet all you can do is wait and keep checking this checker
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: waiting for cabinet to be enabled

some of the more recent cabs are being done by BDUK so have you checked their website to see if they are doing anything about your cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings