Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbrear
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

waiver on over usage on bb option 1

Go to solution

i'm new to computers and broadband. didnt know there was a limit of 10GB on option 1 that i have, or i wouldnt of let my daughter watch all them movies, iplayer, youtube, etc. ended up with £50 cost on top of my bill. i only just managed to sort out an email address and register with my BT. it took me a long week to do this after the bill landed on my doormat. i'm running out of time on the bill and i cant afford the over use charge  at the  moment cos £50 lot of money to me the way things are. this has proper stressed me out as i just come out of hospital overcome a serious condiition on icu. i'm gonna put one of those warning things on so it will tell me if it goes over the 10Gb again.

anyway i read up on broadband usage and it says that if you go over on your first bill the overusage can be waivered, but how do i go about this. the operators cant speak english proper so they cant understand me or i them. so can someone from BT pleaase give me a phone number, not to indian operator or machine, or a link for the waiver please. thank you. please reply asap

yours M

To the end of time and things...
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: waiver on over usage on bb option 1

Go to solution

All of the BT packages are on the page below. If you hover over the 10GB option, it says that you will be charged £5 for each extra 5GB you exceed this figure.

Based on you extra £50 charge, you need to upgrade to an unlimited, if you usage continues at that level.

BT used to send out warning e-mails to your primary e-mail address, when you were close to your limit. Have you checked your primary e-mail account, the one you selected when you ordered BT Broadband?

0 Ratings
mbrear
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

that still doesnt explain how i can get the 50 quid waiver on my first bill.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution
I was not aware that you can, as you must have agreed to the T&Cs when you signed up.

You would have to find the bit that mentions the waiver, and then post it here. Then you could contact the forum moderators and refer them to this thread.
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
Hi the first month of over usage only is waived after that they are charged
As Keith has said BT do send out warning emails to the master email address you set up when you joined BT Broadband
chrisbamb
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

This is the passage under the "What if I go over my Allowance" Section:-

If you do go over your monthly usage allowance then you may be subject to additional usage charges as outlined in our Broadband Usage Policy. In certain situations charges may not be applied. If it is the first month that the allowance is exceeded, we will waive the charge and send you an email confirming the amount of additional usage and notifying you that any further over-use in subsequent months will be charged. All charges will be added to your next bill.

Unfortunately though the charges will be returned on your next Bill not taken off this one. You will still need to pay this Bill and then receive a credit on your next Bill. I would also look at what mediums your daughter is using to "download" films. Is she using UTorent or Vuze or some other type of torenting or is she streaming?

As advised above, if your daughter is going to be using that much internet I would upgrade to the unlimited package otherwise expect lots of charges in the future as 10GB's goes nowhere when you are downloading or straming.

mbrear
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

john46 said:"Hi the first month of over usage only is waived after that they are charged
As Keith has said BT do send out warning emails to the master email address you set up when you joined BT Broadband"

it is my first month but i just want to know how you go about getting the charge waived.

0 Ratings
mbrear
Beginner
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

keith_bedoe said:"I was not aware that you can, as you must have agreed to the T&Cs when you signed up.

You would have to find the bit that mentions the waiver, and then post it here. Then you could contact the forum moderators and refer them to this thread."

the bit where i read this was on the over usage page, but i am not aware of any postings on this page.

thanks

0 Ratings
mbrear
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

chrisbamb said:"This is the passage under the "What if I go over my Allowance" Section:

If you do go over your monthly usage allowance then you may be subject to additional usage charges as outlined in our Broadband Usage Policy. In certain situations charges may not be applied. If it is the first month that the allowance is exceeded, we will waive the charge and send you an email confirming the amount of additional usage and notifying you that any further over-use in subsequent months will be charged. All charges will be added to your next bill.

Unfortunately though the charges will be returned on your next Bill not taken off this one. You will still need to pay this Bill and then receive a credit on your next Bill. I would also look at what mediums your daughter is using to "download" films. Is she using UTorent or Vuze or some other type of torenting or is she streaming?

As advised above, if your daughter is going to be using that much internet I would upgrade to the unlimited package otherwise expect lots of charges in the future as 10GB's goes nowhere when you are downloading or straming."

this has been very useful. i did do a search on this forum referring to waiver but to no avail so here i am.

i will pay the bill anyhow altho i will ask for a delay on paying it as to give me time to get my next pension. i just hope that the £50 will be credited to my next bill, otherwise if the charges go onto my next bill its hardly a waiver as such if i dont get the credit.  the bill i got is my first broadband bill but not my first phone bill. i didnt get an email because i only set up a email the last few days. i hope this isnt a necessary requirement to qualify for the waiver. but this is why i didnt know about the over usage.

my daughter has put movies on my pc disc, but she also watching youtube, channel 4, and bbc player altho i have stopped her from doing this untill i sort out what the 75Gb over usage is defined. i get answer to one question but then it opens new cans of worms as this is all new to me so i am learning the hard way as i go along.

thank you

m b

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
Hi if you have only gone over in your first month then there will be no excess usage charge the charge only happens after the second month of over usage the first month is only a warning however you really do need to keep an eye on your usage this can be done by using the usage meter on your my BT billing page and also by checking your BT email account that you set up when you ordered BT broadband as this will receive any warning emails
0 Ratings