Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 7

watching recorded content

Go to solution
HI guys and gals.
Does anyone know if it is possible to watch recorded items without having the you view box connected to the router?
Thanks
DD
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: watching recorded content

Go to solution

That depends on the content.  If it's just Freeview, then there's no problem.  If it's subscription TV, then the box needs to confirm that you still have a subscription to watch that channel.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks Ectophile. It is only dramas and stuff from standard freeviee.
Need to swap box out but still got unwatched stuff so want to run the 2 in parallel for a while.
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Devon_Dave

If you are simply moving from the old Vision+ box, to the new YouView one, and you have completed the minimum contract on the old box (which you must have by now), then you can keep the old Vision+ box, as you now own it.

It can still be used as a FreeView PVR, without needing an Internet connection, so you have plenty of time to watch any existing FreeView recordings.

BT have to send you a returns bag or box, so they can recyle it, but its not compulsory to return it.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks Keith. I already have a youview box its just that the version of software I have cannot be upgraded so I need to be sent out a new box.
(Not sure who marked as solved)
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

the answer marked as the solution is i believe actually an accurate correct answer to your orginal question so it does make sense for it to have marked as the solution.

As i understand it all Youview boxes should be software updateable  unless they are faulty. The range of maintenance mode and factory resets available are quite extensive  .. although some of the more severe resets will also delete existing recordings

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

to continue

If your Youview box that you are replacing  is still workable then you can continue to use it and use the freeview element without an internet connection, That includes making freeview recordings (subject to an aeriaL)  and playing back any existing freeview recordings, Note that assuming your existing and new (replacement ?) Youview box are Humax or BT badged boxes the remote for both boxes will operate both boxes so be careful if you have both boxes in the same room powered up at the same time.