cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

web email access from blackberry playbook

Have not been able to access web email via BT page for some time -  keep getting:-

sorry

We're experiencing a temporary problem with email and are working to fix it as soon as possible.please try again later. sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

This has been happening since about the beggining of the year and the only way to get web email access is by logging in via the Yahoo web page, but what will happen when my email is moved from Yahoo and I don't have my laptop with me but expect to be able to use my Blackberry when on the move?

Come on BT 4 months seems an awful long time for a temporary problem when are you going to fix it?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 14

Re: web email access from blackberry playbook

Hi Titanic,

Thanks for the post.  I am sorry to read of the problem that you are having tyring to login to web mail.

Can I ask you to confirm the URL you are using when you are presented with the 'Sorry, we're experiencing a temporary problem' message?  Could you try this URL please if its different to what you have been trying https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform.

Could you also please confirm the URL that you use to successfully login?  

When your email address is migrated over to BT Mail then you can setup your email on your Blackberry, instructions can be found on BT.com on this link Setting up your BT email account on a mobile device.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Hi Sean
I can confirm I am using the correct URL  https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform.

when I get the problem.

The URL that I use to successfully login is by going to yahoo.co.uk and clicking the MAIL tab which links to

https://login.yahoo.com/?.src=ym&.intl=uk  where I then enter my usual login details.

The instructions  found on BT.com on this link Setting up your BT email account on a mobile device. are for setting up an email client, NOT accessing via web mail, and in any event do not refer to the Blackberry Playbook tablet.

I do not want to download emails to my tablet but only to access them via the web,as and when required.

As already stated the correct BT login page does not work, and the Yahoo access will dissapear when service is moved from BTYahoo to BTMail, so how will I get access to my emails via web after the changes?

Here's hoping that this problem can be sorted before I loose access altogether when the mail client is changed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

So still no resolution to this problem. Why is it only the Playbook that has this problem accessing web based emails?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

BUMP

Well another 3 months has passed and still unable to access web mail from Blackberry Playbook.

If this temporary problem has not been fixed after 7 months, I hope I never get any major faults, I'll be without service for years if this is how BT deal will problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

I too have noted this problem using the bt signin link you gave for webmail access, particularly if I had not allowed any yahoo cookies before using it.

The yahoo.com login links work reliably for me, but not always first time round.

It may be worth checking the yahoo cookie situation on your device.I found that the bt signin link worked differently for me depending on whether I had allowed/set yahoo cookies.

I don't think that BT signin link copes with managing BT and yahoo cookies very elegantly for the various classes of user (migrated, non-migrated, entering either/both email details or BTID details.

Have you tried logging in to bt.com with your BTID and THEN using the email button with your email credentials?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

I have the same problem and it is very frustrating. I can't login to BT first and then go to email as my logins are different, hysterical thing 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

I am now experiencing exactly the same problem - I am unable to log in to my BT web mail on my Playbook (as I used to be able to) although I can still read and send e-mails through the Blackberry messages app - so I am not cut off altogether!  This is a nuisance as I like to be able to access my web mail folders to file things and slim down my in box, particularly when working overseas.  I can no longer do this.

A very helpful BT advisor who tried to help me was unable to find a fix, finally suggested it sounded more like a Blackberry problem than a BT problem.  Unfortunately I cannot register for the Blackberry help service as the box requiring the number of my device is missing from the registration screen.

I have found a temporary fix that appears to work for me; I simply go to the Yahoo site and log into my BT webmail here (on the Yahoo mail log in page) by using the normal BT e-mail address and password.  I just wonder how long this will remain a viable option in the future.

Can anyone suggest a proper, long term solution please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

@Buryboy wrote:

I am now experiencing exactly the same problem - I am unable to log in to my BT web mail on my Playbook (as I used to be able to) although I can still read and send e-mails through the Blackberry messages app - so I am not cut off altogether!  This is a nuisance as I like to be able to access my web mail folders to file things and slim down my in box, particularly when working overseas.  I can no longer do this.

A very helpful BT advisor who tried to help me was unable to find a fix, finally suggested it sounded more like a Blackberry problem than a BT problem.  Unfortunately I cannot register for the Blackberry help service as the box requiring the number of my device is missing from the registration screen.

I have found a temporary fix that appears to work for me; I simply go to the Yahoo site and log into my BT webmail here (on the Yahoo mail log in page) by using the normal BT e-mail address and password.  I just wonder how long this will remain a viable option in the future.

Can anyone suggest a proper, long term solution please?

What link are you trying to login with?

What credentials are you entering using that link?

Do you have yahoo.com cookies enabled as well as bt ones?

The yahoo.com workaround is certainly one way to do it but the other is to use this link here WITHOUT logging in to bt.com first. Just enter your email address and email password here (not your BTID)

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

If you are still on BTYahoo, and you use your BTID on that link, it may well fail with an error message telling you (correctly) there is no BTMail account associated with the BTID. It may even tell you (wrongly) there are no BTYahoo accounts associated with that BT ID either (mine does).

So the things that work for me as an unmigrated customer, should I want to access my BTYahoo webmail interface, are:

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform using my BTYahoo email address and password (NOT the BTID), with both bt.com and yahoo.com cookies already allowed in the browser. And I always clear the cookies afterwards.

OR

direct use of yahoo.com again with the email address and password.

Whether that will work on a Playbook or not I don't know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

I appreciate your very speedy response.

The login method that has failed me is when I use the https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform URL and then my normal BT e-mail address and password [the method that works perfectly well on my desktop and laptop].

I'm afraid that I am not technologically competent enough to know whether or which cookies are enabled or not.

I’m happy enough for the moment that my temporary fix allows me access.  I am more concerned about what my happened when the e-mail migration is complete.

0 Ratings