cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashsyer
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

weird marking tape tied to phone line

Hey does anyone know what the marking tape in the photo means? Basically this morning i looked out the upstairs bedroom and found the marking tape attached to the phone line, i wasnt the only one in the street to have it as 3 others have aswell, i called the power companies at first because i thought it was power line but they came out to look at it and they said it was a telephone line owned by BT. I called BT but they dont have any record of anyone working on any lines. Does anyone have a clue what this is as i'm in two minds whether to take it down or to keep it up. There mustve been a reason why someone put it up there? and also they mustve climbed up a ladder to tie it.

20130502_093000.jpg20130502_141551.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: weird marking tape tied to phone line

looks like roadworks tape that has blown on to the Openreach cable
0 Ratings
ashsyer
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I'm not so sure as its tied on, plus on the other houses its tied on to the exact cable as well.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

do you have infinity available?  are you likely to be upgraded to FTTP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ashsyer
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thats one thing i tried to find out but with no luck. Is there something shows which areas are being upgraded?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

this link should tell you http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

look for anything saying FTTC/FTTP In the services available grid
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Hi

Are you sure your premises are fed by an over BT cable? I can not see any overhead wires coming from any telephone poles in your pictures.

Openreach will only upgrade your overhead line to drop tube when you apply to have FTTP not before.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings