cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xColinW
Message 1 of 7

what are the chances of getting infinity

what are the chances of getting infinity in your area ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: what are the chances of getting infinity

Good
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

@xColinW wrote:

ermm, what area, and please don't say the FalklandsSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
spooksman
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

To the OP - what exactly are you trying to find out?

G
0 Ratings
Nige32
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

@xColinW wrote:

Well if we are talking about my area then I would have to say very good as I have it.     Smiley Very Happy 

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

@xColinW wrote:

I'd say pretty good if you get the same results shown in the picture below, when entering your Telephone Number into the BT Infinity site. Note the BT site is down for maintenance at the moment.

Or try this checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html. And you get a similar result as below.-

"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 26.6Mbps and upstream line speed of 11.1Mbps."

Infinity Checker result.jpg

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
stepto
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Non exhistant.  Although we placed in the top 1% of the race, BT would rather give it to areas that showed no interest just so they can say it is available to 2/3 of the country.  We have to suffer with sub 1Meg speeds even though we showed 10 times more interest than some other small exchanges that are being upgraded. But then I suppose that the exchange that I am talking about is just outside London and is probably home to a BT exec, after all, they do look after themselves first.  It's no coincidence that one of the first exchanges to be upgraded, despite not being the most viable, is the exchange that serves Ian Livingston, the CEO of BT.  He is using customers money to benefit himself whilst screwing the customers who have to pay higher prices due to being market 1.

0 Ratings