Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stormbringer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

what mobiles ?

hi

my contract runs out beginning of december for my bba mobile phone 

i was wondering what mobile phones are available when recontracting , i currently have the desire on existing contract 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: what mobiles ?

AFAIK its the Desire S. Not a great line up.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Stormbringer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

thx mate if thats the case then i may just cancel and get galaxy 2 on o2 😞

pity they dont increase the range of phones on offer 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Just leave it for a while. Another poster or moderator might have more news of forthcoming release.
Like many on here I use an S2 but on V*****.
AQ.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

AQ.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Stormbringer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

its normally about now when the contracts are expiring that theres a bit of a hubub about new handsets lol 

but ive still got a month left for them to get into gear 

0 Ratings
SWB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Is there any update on new mobiles?

My contract matures in January and it could be an excuse to get a new mobile wherever the best deal is?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

@SWB wrote:

Is there any update on new mobiles?

This suggests not.

As a light user I found the best deal for me was to buy a decent phone from Amazon and pay Tesco ten quid a month for all the calls, texts and net that I need. Haven't had to use them much, but Tesco's customer service alone is worth a tenner.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Since BT dipped their toe in the water with the HTC 620/710 they seem reluctant to really push mobiles to customers. In fairness there are a lot of others out there doing just that, so it seems they are sticking with other products.  Even so, their tarrif's are not that competitive either mins/texts/data.

The other point here is that if we take the mobile from them its not possible to negociate good discounts on the BB side of a contract.  There is no financial incentive to take one of two pretty old phones now and have a £level for the BB below which they will not drop.

The difference in price here will cover what Potters suggests over say an 18 month period [which would be the BT mobile contract period].  Sounds complicated, but if you do the sums, you'll get the point Smiley Wink

AQ.

0 Ratings