Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbob
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

whats really a heavy user

Hi,

I would just like to fully understand the fair usage policy whats considered hight useage?

From what I understand Is If you use more than 10gb a month witch works out to be around 300mb a day. Now acording to speedtest.net I can download a 300mb file in under 5mins, thats my days usage in 5 mins? for is this fair and how would this afect other usesers on your network?

-------------------------------------------------
Quad Core 3.42ghz @ idle/load 29/37C (water cooler)
Northbridge 2.2ghz / HyperLink 2ghz
4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gobbybobby
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: whats really a heavy user

no its 100 gig a month. so u get 3.3~ gig a day in the adverage month of 30 days.

I am no expert. Correct me when I am wrong. Learning is good!
0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

yes but is that befor your considered heavy useser?

And what really matters is dose this or is this ment to not afect online gaming if say I got capped witch as of last night I belive I am.

I download over night but i guess this dose not matter as its still classes as unfair to othere usesers.

bt and steam dont work!!! big fail!!! like my ping atm.

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
gobbybobby
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

ahh so u downloaded a **bleep** load of steam games lol. I keep most of my ''big'' steam games backed up in case my PC dies, or software failure. No I think u are concidered a heavy user once u hit that 100 gig mark. they restrict your speed to 1 meg thats plenty to play games online, as long as you are not hosting a match/server. however if other people are browsing the web while u are playing games expect a high ping and lag.

Edit: the restriction remains in place till the end of the month. Which may be the billing term IE 14th-14th ETC. You are capped again if u DL 100 gig within this time. thats pretty hard to do if u ask me.  concider getting a bandwidth monitor and backing steam games up.

0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

no just the one game. my internet kept lossing connection to steam servers on left for dead2 (game of the year) and  became corrupt,  started frezzing and running bad.

fresh install of steam and the game, works fine now but im not going to play it online till I know its safe. dont wont my equipment to become damged again!

PC's are not for having fun!! JOKE!

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
gobbybobby
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Steam did go down a few days ago, and me and my freinds also drop connection,. its not u its Steam. Sucks that on some games u get Kicked off server if u drop connection to Steam. the games getting corrupt also happens sometimes, especially when Installing client updates. The New Steam Interface made alot of people have to re download CODMW2. It used to discconect all  the time, it not happens as often anymore.

0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Game crashed after it became unstable playing online.

Event Viewer:

The program left4dead2.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 4c8

Start Time: 01cafc4078133c10

no othere system Error's reported the time.

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

from a previous posting I think you said you were on option 2 which has a download limit of 15gb per month. The 100gb limit refers to option 3.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
caravanj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

The bottom line is that unlimited can't be a bit unlimited, just the same as you can't be a bit pregnant!! It has to be one or the other!!

A fair useage policy means it's not unlimited.

0 Ratings
Goody
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

It is unlimited to option 3 (BB) and option 2 (infinty) You are not cut off for going over the 300 gb allowance you are simply restricted to a slower speed during peek times (5pm to midnight)If it wasn't unlimited you would be disconnected for the remainder of the month like some other providers do.

As for the steam issue there is a much easier way to fix your game instead of re-downloading the whole thing.

In steam Right click on the game in the libary and select properties. Then selct local files and then verify integrity of game cache.

Steam checks the files and only re downloads any missing or corrupt files.

Simple as that.

Edit w00t epic thread revival.

0 Ratings