cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

when will I move to BT Mail?

It is now two years since you told me to prepare to move to BT mail from BT Yahoo. Nobody I have contacted can explain what is happening or give me a date. Any clues? I want it so my wife's sub account can link with Outlook through IMAP.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: when will I move to BT Mail?

The migration from BTYahoo to BTMail is on indefinite hold and BT are not giving out any further information.

There is nothing stopping you setting up your wife's BTYahoo email address using the email client Outlook set up with IMAP.

IMAP works on both BTYahoo and BTMail.

The settings are here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Do you not think BT being a large Corperation should give everyone who is still using Yahoo a formal postion on timescales on what is happening , even a statement to say they will not be migarting any further customers onto the new platform

Nothing is worse than no communication at all - not good business practice

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@larrybeard wrote:

Do you not think BT being a large Corperation should give everyone who is still using Yahoo a formal postion on timescales on what is happening , even a statement to say they will not be migarting any further customers onto the new platform

Yes, but they won't.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.