Message 12 of 19

Re: when will my speed return to normal

I would wait and let the DLM do its job
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

It has just reset after 11 days and the speed has gone up by 4 meg so far so good

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

It has just reset again and speed has dropped back down to lower than it was before i give up

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 19

another 2 resets and more speed drops whats is going on

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 16 of 19

"Is there any way to tell for sure whether your line is on interleaved or fastpath?"

As Ray Highlight the unlocked openreach modems are excellent for line info.

My unlocked eci/r spills out 50 to a 100 lines of line info with the get sat command or you can just get the interleaving on its own with a single line output.

Quick type & this gets spilled out: 

ActualInterleaveDelay=0 ActualImpulseNoiseProtection=0  nINTLVDEPTH=1 DataPath = Fast 

Guru Ray also recommed to try and match the modem to the green street box for the best chance of calm down the line for the dreaded dlm release its grip.

The dlm sofware seeems to like counting in 8 day cycles according to btretails sister's ips guide and my line went into "Fast" mode around 32 days  ( 4 x 8 cycles maybe?).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

i think i am being had over here i have just checked in the 4 months i have infinity 2 i have only ever had over 50meg for 1 week all the other time it has been below infinity 1 top speed what am i paying for i feel like a mug

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 19

I'd try not to get worked up about it. It would be nice to have a little more speed, but it's only a little more speed. In my case yea my line can handle more speed but i'm not that bothered.

Unless you have a family of monsters all hammering you connection at once, I know i'd find that more than reasonable. unless you really get much better upstream i'd politly tell BT you want bt to put you on an infinity 1 package. Otherwise you'll have to fight bt's customer service, convince them you have a broadband issue get a bt engineer out and convince him to do a DLM reset. it's not imposible, but it's highly unlikley.

Yes I think the DLM is stupid, there should be an option on the site mostley for nerds to request a DLM reset and manually set the profile for example AUTO( let DLM decide whats best for you ), interleaving on/off, speed( less reliable prone to resync if noise is around)/Normal (balanced)/ Reliability (Slower but always up). BE managed it with ADSL2+ and it worked great except on lines with wild swings in noise margin. Open reach no longer have control over the modems, time to let ISP requst DLM resets and profile changes and give the option of no interleaving.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

i was told i would get over 50 meg so i was adviced by bt to have infinity 2 but like i said i only get 38meg so infinity 1 would be fine but i am paying £6 a month for something i am not getting and by the way they will not let me downgrade as they say the speeds are ok for infinity 2 even thou they are only running at 38meg like i said i am being had over and what i can see on this forum so are other people i think it is about time bbc watchdog knew what is going on maybe they can sort it out

0 Ratings