cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liannempx
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

why am I only being offered unlimited broadband extra as an upgrade??????

Go to solution

I need to upgrade my broadband package as I went over the 40gb limit last month and was charged £35 (my fault!)

I have tried tochange to unlimited broadband but the only option offered to me ONLINE was unlimited broadband EXTRA which I dont want or need!! This costs an extra £5/month from the standard unlimited (£21/m as opposed to £16/m)

WHY???????????????

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: why am I only being offered unlimited broadband extra as an upgrade??????

Go to solution
I suggest you contact customer options 0800 800 030 they will get this sorted for you
liannempx
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi thanks for that. im on the phone now but the adviser is saying the same thing!! I am being transferred to "exceptions"

Why is it such a problem to upgrade to the package advertised and wanted? Is it a marketing ploy to force people to spend more money than necessary!!

0 Ratings
liannempx
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
"exceptions" have said I can have Unlimited broadband at £16/month. Another person might have thought the "extra" at £21/m was all that was on offer and paid up. Maybe i'm being cynical but...............................
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
well worth the effort the prices shown on the web page relate only to new customers to BT not upgrades or contract renewals