cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sub-account
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

why do printed copies of emails I send from sub-account include the primary account holder's name?

Hello, hoping someone can help.  I have a sub-account email address.  Sometimes if I send an email and the recipient prints it off, their hard copy prints the name of my primary account holder  (eg they expect to get an email from Jenny, and Joe's name is bizarrely printed at the top of the page).  There is no sign of the primary account holder's name on the screen, just on the printed version, where it appears like a page header - sitting a bit above the printed email they were expecting to see, which looks exactly the same as the on-screen version of the email, (eg it's 'from' my email address etc). Is there any way to make sure this doesn't happen?  It doesn't happen when everyone prints an email from me.

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: why do printed copies of emails I send from sub-account include the primary account holder's nam

@Sub-account wrote:

Hello, hoping someone can help.  I have a sub-account email address.  Sometimes if I send an email and the recipient prints it off, their hard copy prints the name of my primary account holder  (eg they expect to get an email from Jenny, and Joe's name is bizarrely printed at the top of the page).  There is no sign of the primary account holder's name on the screen, just on the printed version, where it appears like a page header - sitting a bit above the printed email they were expecting to see, which looks exactly the same as the on-screen version of the email, (eg it's 'from' my email address etc). Is there any way to make sure this doesn't happen?  It doesn't happen when everyone prints an email from me.

Thanks

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

What mail client program are you using to send emails (e.g. Outlook, Windows Mail or Thunderbird) ? Or are you using a browser to login to webmail ?

Is it only certain recipients that see this problem ?

Sorry for the questions - a little extra info will help to pinpoint where the problem is.

0 Ratings
Sub-account
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Re: why do printed copies of emails I send from sub-account include the primary account holder's nam

Hi Andy

Thanks very much for the extra questions.  It has happened when I've emailed from outlook express and the recipient has opened the email in outlook and printed from that.  (Don't know if that always happened or just with some recipients.)  Also don't know it it has also happened in other circumstances, eg when I've emailed using webmail and/or the recipient was using something other than outlook.  I hadn't run tests under various scenarios to check.  

The reason for investigating now was that the old home pc crashed and we've just bought a new mac - and I wanted to set things up to avoid this happening in future.  Hence the question to the forum before setting up the btinternet mail accounts on the mac.  I just emailed a friend from webmail to their mac and their own name appeared at the top of the page when they printed the email.  This also happened when I emailed another friend from webmail to their work outlook.  Encouragingly - no strange appearance of the primary account holder's name on the page!

Thanks    

0 Ratings
bloto21
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

when u use software like outlook etc. Make sure that will not delete emails from server when download them. There is option to choose auto deleting when download email. Some email provaider offer option to create the folder on server and u could move all downloaded email to HDD from email server to that folder and will stay on the server :).
Why move them from inbox to another folder beacuse some email clients will be downloading the same email from server. Usually in expensive email clients u can set to keep data on server and do not download again same emails.
But sometimes this dont work and it will dont download new email better to set to download emails by date (24H day). Any new email from current day will be downloaded and oryginal version on server keeped on the server.
Works in 99.9% emails. Why 99.9% when u dont use email account/client for more then 1-2 months the software may get bit confuse and dont copy all emails.

ps: u can take out HDD, buy cheap HDD closure for 5GBP put that HDD in and connect via usb if HDD partions are not damaged u gonna be able to copy all data in very easy way :). If partions are damaged/bad blocks etc the recovery of them is still possible but u will need some "skills" to pull out them, sometimes u can buy sam HDD for electronics beacuse old HDD has died and replace and copy data 🙂 problems going up when head are down etc.
U can still recover data by sending HDD to company which has special lab to do this. Must be impressive clean for opening HDD and accesing to discs and avoid any electro static bit on disc. expensive.. even very expensive depends of how much GB needs to be recovered. 🙂

or buy online place on the server to make backup of pc. As the operator of server will make regulary backup of server so all your data will stay safe. Better the DVD disc, which u can lost or get damage, pendrive which  may die when using microwave etc.  U can alwayes use cabinet for dvds. But cabinet instead of case for disc. Will not get lost due to size and will be locked, use only DVD-R discs. Dont use xx-RW (rewritable discs) as u may overwrite data on disc by mystake.

0 Ratings
Sub-account
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hi blotto21

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry if my last posting caused confusion.  I'm not especially worried about trying to recover lost copies of sent emails, via the old computer crash. (I had back ups of most of the main docs on the old computer - phew!)  Copies of my incoming emails have stayed on the btinternet server, in relevant sub-folders. so I have those fine.  

I just want to make sure that, when I set up my btinternet email account on the new imac, i avoid the past scenario where, on occasion, if someone printed out an email they received from me, the name of my primary account holder strangely appears on their printed page.

Thanks though for trying to help solve the mystery.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
nottydread
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

You say this happens when you send the emails using outlook - are you sure you are 'sending' the email from outlook using the sub account (if you have both the sub account and primary account added to outlook)?

when you write an email in outlook, you can choose which account it sends from, maybe you have the primary account as the default sending account?

a bit more information about when this happens would help.

how're you finding the mac in comparison to windows?

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

@Sub-account wrote:

Hi Andy

Thanks very much for the extra questions.  It has happened when I've emailed from outlook express and the recipient has opened the email in outlook and printed from that.  (Don't know if that always happened or just with some recipients.)  Also don't know it it has also happened in other circumstances, eg when I've emailed using webmail and/or the recipient was using something other than outlook.  I hadn't run tests under various scenarios to check.  

The reason for investigating now was that the old home pc crashed and we've just bought a new mac - and I wanted to set things up to avoid this happening in future.  Hence the question to the forum before setting up the btinternet mail accounts on the mac.  I just emailed a friend from webmail to their mac and their own name appeared at the top of the page when they printed the email.  This also happened when I emailed another friend from webmail to their work outlook.  Encouragingly - no strange appearance of the primary account holder's name on the page!

Thanks    

Perhaps the recipients(s) have the sub-account e-mail address(es)  listed under the Primary Account Holders Name in their Contacts/Address Book?

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings
Sub-account
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi nottydread

Thanks for the reply.  I've seen the odd printed copy of an email I've sent (with my email address as the 'sender') that had the primary account holder's name printed on the header, so don't think it's explained by me accidentally sending emails from the primary account (which is, as you guess, the default).  Indeed it was the case when i occasionally emailed myself from home to my work email address and then printed off the email.  

I'm enjoying the mac, thanks.  Just love Apple's customer care!   

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@Sub-account wrote:

Hi blotto21

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry if my last posting caused confusion.

There certainly seems to be some confusion, but it's nothing you've said that's caused it...

0 Ratings