cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

wifi dongle 600 keeps disconnecting

I purchased the bt wifi dongle a few days ago to improve my wireless speed which it did but i have not been able to use it properly since i got it. The dongle just disconnects within an hour of using it like it has been pulled out this is solved by pulling it out and putting it back in again but it just disconnects again soon after. It seems like it disconnects quicker if i am downloading, i just cant understand whats causing it. Can any one help please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: wifi dongle 600 keeps disconnecting

Hi dan2690,

Thanks for posting. Did you get this sorted? If not can you check the socket for any damage? Is the dongle damaged? Do you have another you can try? Give us as much information as possible and I'm sure we can help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

I have exactly the same problem reported by the user above... it keeps disconnecting (it's just the wifi doodle, because the other devices are still connected to the hub).

I noticed that it happens more frequently when I use bitTorrent... any advice? It's really annoying...

If I unplug it and plug it in back... it immediately works again!

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Has this problem been resolved as I am getting the same issue

windows vista 32 bit SP2

both the dongle power and wirless lights stay on (wiless light continually flashing repidly) but the wifi connection icon shows no internet connection.

cheers any help appreciated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

I have this problem a lot. Sometimes it'll just disconnect and I have to unplug it and plug it back in. It frequently happens when restarting or when signing back in after being logged off or just starting from being off. It's highly frustrating. There are no issues with the connections or the USB port, as I've tried it on many different USB ports, including a powered USB hub that has no issues with any other device plugged in. It's very very frustrating.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Hi there....have seen multiple posts regarding the wireless dongle 600 disconnecting.....I have the same issue....has anyone managed to resolve this or is the dongle a bucket job?

0 Ratings