Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

wifi hotspots

Hi,

Been with BT infinity since 2nd June, After consulting with BT via chat to no avail twice, I thought i would try here. My problem is the wifi hotspots. I can not connect to them, when I log in to the app on Iphone all is fine but it will not connect to any hotspots, I get the tick for a few seconds then it goes out without connecting. I can log in to MY BT, and my BT email without problems using my BT internet email  and password but when I try to check status on the BT fon page I get an incorrect email error even though i konow it is correct. I have opted out/opted in, all to without success My HH5 does not broadcast a hotspot to others even though I am opted in either.

This should surely be a simple thing to acomplish but no. It does not work. Not a good start for a new BT Infinity customer. I do not want to be contacted by phone regarding this as I need to keep the phone line clear at the moment and still BT have tried to ring me. Not happy.

Ian.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: wifi hotspots

I know you said you do not want to use the phone to contact BT but I'm afraid you will have to. Contact the BTWifi help line 0800 022 33 22 and the will check the status of your username and log on and assist you in getting connected.

0 Ratings
stanian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Same old,

I NEED THE PHONE CLEAR, for emergencieis  AT THE MOMENT "it should be a simple task, I just want to be able to access the wifi hotspots that are incuded in my package not launch a rocket to Mars. I have given people via chat my email and login details to check and assist with getting me connected, I cannot tell them any more by phone than I can in written words.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Can you not use somebody else's phone if you are not wanting to use your own! Nothing more I can suggest to help.

0 Ratings