access  my information , internet banking details etc? or are we secure with

wireless code ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: wifi security

Go to solution

That is quite normal, you can see the other wireless networks but you would not be able to connect to them, same as them viewing your network.

I assume that you have some form of wireless security set on the HH, it does come as being set with it so providing you have not gone into the programming of the hub and unset you are going to be ok.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
goyboy
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Dave, Haven't adjusted hh so should be fine, just a worrier! Presumably the wireless code protects also ?

0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Your wireless is secuirity protected by a code. You can check everything by going to 192.168.1.254 then click settings, you can find the password on the back of your hub, then advance settings then wireless. Everything you need for wireless is there.
goyboy
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Have noticed that sometimes connection is on btopenzone and have to change back to hh connection. If i had inadvertently been in btopenzone would the fact that this is unsecured mean that others in range could access my information etc. How does this happen? Would they have to hack in? Would my info just come up? Could I check?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If you want to stop your PC connecting to Openzone/Fon rather than your own HH, have a check out here

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.