cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

wifif to my laptop

Hi.  I have a wired connection to my main pc, a wifi connection to my mobile.  I am trying to get a wifi connection to my laptop.  I get a message telling me that I am connected to the BTHub but my laptop tells me that I cannot browse because I am not connected to the internet.  It's driving me potty.  What am I not doing to make the connection? All help gratefully received. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: wifif to my laptop

See this guide to connect to Homehub

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9692/~/how-to-set-up-a-wireless-connection

If you are doing that correctly it could be that your computer has IPv6 selected. Try disconnecting it as follows:

Select Start

In the search field type.ncpa.cpl and press enter.

In the new window right click on your wireless network connection and select properties

In “This connection uses the following items” section remove the tick beside Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) then press OK

Left click on Internet Protocol IPv4, click properties . Check the options to obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically.

Once done try and connect to internet.

If, after doing that you still not connect to the Internet can you post back your make and model of laptop and what operating system you are using.

Message 3 of 3

Re: wifif to my laptop

Haven't tried this yet, but am about to.  

0 Ratings