cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

will disabling my hub firewall help?

i'm having probs when my 2 laptops are on at the same time the hub kicks them off and windows wont let me reconnect it trys then says windows couldnt connect etc. i then have to restart the hub wich is annoying cause i have 2 ps3s in my house and ppl dont like being disconnected from there games. would disabling the bt firewall help?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: will disabling my hub firewall help?

Hi no disabling the hub fire wall will not help are you having problems connecting the laptops when the ps3s are being used if so bit is possible that the games systems are using the majority of your bandwidth especially if your connection speed if low
Have you tried thelaptopswhen the ps3s are not inuse ??
If you have and they connect then there is very little you can do otherthan limiting the use of the ps3s so the laptops cam be used
0 Ratings
Highlighted
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

yes it seems to be when both laptops are on that they both get kicked off. also when the hardwired ps3 is on with 1 laptop thats no prob but when the other ps3 wich is wireless is on it kicks them. the 2 laptops are wireless connections so im thinking its something to do with wireless. also the trouble shoot sometimes says something about conflicting ip address but usually says its the router.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Hi Welcome to the forums

If you post the full stats from your router
For homehub – type 192.168.1.254 into your browser
Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right of the home page and scroll down to ADSL Settings and click on it

Click on More Details and then post the full results.
also post the full results from http://speedtester.bt.com/
Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal
also you could try the hints given by poster RogerB in this link they may help http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

Then someone here may be able to help and offer more advice.

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’Test Socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Which hub are you using?
0 Ratings
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

home hub 2.0

0 Ratings
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 6395 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6395 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

you could make sure all devices have different ip addresses

" trouble shoot sometimes says something about conflicting ip address" could be worth a check

the connection speed is ok for your profile

however with four devices all on line at once may be slowing you down
0 Ratings
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

ip adresses are different and all 4 devices are rarely on together. its only when both the laptops are on they both get kicked at the same time ( and if a ps3 is online at the same time the ps3's never get kicked off) and wont let any of them reconnect unless i restart the hub

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Assigning static IP addresses outside of the DHCP range of the hub can overcome the problem of IP lease non-renewal, which seems to be a problem with some of the hubs.

I use static adresses for all our computers, from a block starting 192.168.1.50 to 192.168.1.60. The home hub does not have to do any allocation apart from any mobile devices (1). This means that connection is quicker, and devices do not lose their IP address.

The wireless on all of the hubs is not very good at handling large volumes of data, so mine is disabled, and I use a separate wireless access point, and just use the hub as a modem/router.

This allows music and video streaming without any issues.

Static address  example

IP address 192.168.1.50

Netmask 255.255.255.0

Default gateway 192.168.1.254

DNS server 192.168.1.254

0 Ratings