cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: will disabling my hub firewall help?

lol ok im not good with computer stuff so what exactly are you saying about the DHCP? what is the dhcp and i see in the hub manager it has dhcp enabled and a lease time of 1 day what does that mean?

0 Ratings
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

oh and btw ive only ever had these connection issues since i got this msi laptop

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

@lee87 wrote:

lol ok im not good with computer stuff so what exactly are you saying about the DHCP? what is the dhcp and i see in the hub manager it has dhcp enabled and a lease time of 1 day what does that mean?

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) simply gives a device an IP address, a gateway to the Internet, and sutable DNS servers.

This is given for the lease period which is one day. After that time, the address is released back into the pool, for re-allocation.

If the box on the devices list that says "always use this address", then the lease is infinite.

DHCP simplifies the connection process for roaming devices, but does not offer any benefits to devices which never leave you house.

In the case of your laptop, its more likely that its wireless card is upsetting the hub due to some incompatibility, especially if the problem started when you bought it. There may be some driver updates for it. If not then you may have to add an additional wireless point, or use a different router.

0 Ratings
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

ok i dont know where to go to update my drivers there all trying to make me pay and ppl saying no no its a con it should be free.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Go to the "support" section of the manufacturer of your laptop website, and look for updated wireless drivers.

0 Ratings