cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daleferguson
Beginner
Message 1 of 28

worst customer service experience in 30 years

I moved flats 8 weeks ago and bt were switching my package to my new address on the 23rd May.This date came and went with no phone line and no broadband.Eventually my phone line was connected about 4 weeks ago but still no broadband.I have spent over 8 hours onshore and offshore to try and get an answer as to what the poroblem is.

I have had 2 engineers enter the property and said there was no issue at my end.

Noone at bt can offer any explanation as to what the exact problem is,what they are doing about it and when it will be resolved.

For a supposedly professional company I find this totally unacceptable.I do not wish to speak to India.If I did I would go there on holiday.I have been promised time and time again that my broadband would be working within 5 working days,within the next 24 hours or within the the next 3 days.Lies after lies after lies.broken promise after broken promise.

After 7 weeks I would have thought that the issue should have been resolved.

The problem is that there is noone that you can complain to.

Noone will take ownership of the problem.No one can tell me exactly what the problem is only that there will be an update on the 14th July.That will then take it to 8 weeks at which time I can then escalate the problem to the ombudsman.

When you ring you get to speak to someone in a foreign country that I find hard to understand and vis versa.Then they put you on hold while they then bring your account up and then you get cut off...time and time again.That is not particularly a good advertisement for a telecommunication company.

It has now got to the point where I feel there is little option left but to take my custom elsewhere and receive the service I expect from a professional company

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: worst customer service experience in 30 years

have you orders standard copper broadband or infinity fibre

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 28

Did you order normal broadband, or BT Infinity?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 28

Hi @daleferguson and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having so much bother getting connected. It deffinitely sounds like something isn't right. It could be a capacity issue if you've ordered Infinity in which case it's a waiting game I'm afraid. I can check what's going on with this if you wish. Just drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
daleferguson
Beginner
Message 5 of 28

phone no ******** I just want an answer no BS

0 Ratings
daleferguson
Beginner
Message 6 of 28

infinity

0 Ratings
daleferguson
Beginner
Message 7 of 28

the id checker is not recognising my phone number or postcode.I have a phone connection so that doesnt make any sense whatsoever

0 Ratings
daleferguson
Beginner
Message 8 of 28

You may say it could be a waiting game Im afraid but I have waited 7 weeks.Just how long are you expected to wait?The mere absence of any explanation is compounding my frustration.I have been promised a phonecall an hour and a half ago telling me they would ring back within the hour.No phone call ....so I contact BT to then be put on hold and then what happens...........get cut off once more.If you can not sort your own phone systems out how the hell can you expect to resolve my issues.Again it just makes the whole situation unprofessional and is totally indicative of the customer service provided by BT

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 28

Instead of ranting on here to other customers I would first of all delete your phone number from your post as this is a public forum and secondly, contact the mods as requested who will sort out your problem.

0 Ratings
cotonreel
Contributor
Message 10 of 28

i think its important that other customers know how poor BT are. So Dale keep on ranting (just take phonbe number out)
0 Ratings