Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

www.speedtester.bt.com

Go to solution

I have an issue, in that I today tried a number of times to run this and no luck in getting it to run.  For the past two weeks when I was able to run the speedtester, it was taking anything from twenty minutes to forty five minutes to run from the point of pressing enter after typing in the address.  As I have been told to monitor my connection and speed for the next two weeks, it would helpfull if I could at least do this with the only approved speedtester.  Just don't get me started on the speed issue, as I don't think there is enough room on the forum server for the whole story.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: www.speedtester.bt.com

Go to solution

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Not all that helpfull, as it it had was more people saying they had problems and a MOD pinting you to somewhere that I could not find.  No real hope of a fix to this problem.  Also suggestions of using other speedtesters, but when you ring BT help, they will only accept results from www.speedtester.bt.com

Even then, a lot of the advisors don't know what you a talking about when you give then the results, as they have been given differant titles for each field on the test result page.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Diean wrote:

Not all that helpfull, as it it had was more people saying they had problems and a MOD pinting you to somewhere that I could not find.  No real hope of a fix to this problem.  Also suggestions of using other speedtesters, but when you ring BT help, they will only accept results from www.speedtester.bt.com

Even then, a lot of the advisors don't know what you a talking about when you give then the results, as they have been given differant titles for each field on the test result page.

The mod was pointing to this:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Fill it in .

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Rattus
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I've been using BT Speedtester  http://speedtester.bt.com frequently since March. From 31 May the page has been taking up to 5 minutes to load. Today the page loads so slowly it times out in Firefox 4.0.1. It did eventually load in IE, but then it timed out before showing the results page <8-(

I have not even seen a post in which BT admit there is a problem with the service as yet. People depend on this service to diagnose ADSL performance issues.

0 Ratings
Rattus
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
BT Speedester seems to be working now. It would be nice to see a posting from Admin (please) telling us what was wrong and what the fix was.
0 Ratings
Buckie_Bhoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Buckie_Bhoy wrote:

THis thread has feedback from Mods Smiley Happy

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/BT-Speedtester/td-p/202541

Yes , there might be feedback, but the BT speedtester page still causes problems loading.

Page times out or takes ages to load.

Even if you get to do a test , it can time out.

if you are still having problems with the page get in touch with StepanieG (mod) filling in this form :

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I think its preety obvious that the server is just overloaded, it already has a limit of 1 test per hour. Works fine is you use it late at night when traffic is low

0 Ratings