Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnWinter
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

(yet another?) Infinity Speed Query/Issue

Hello folks

Seems like many of you have had success when asking for help on the forums, so here goes.

I had infinity installed in January this year - the engineer took around an hour to complete the job, and my line profile was initially set at around 35mbps, (on a 500m line) and I was getting mid 30mbps dowloads on btspeedtest and speedtest.net, and around 10mbps uploads. Great!

However, over the past few months I've seen some problems. My home hub and modem have needed resets to reconnect to the internet (the modem is mounted on the wall vertically, before you ask...), I've noticed both declining upload and download speeds, my profile has  reduced to 27mbps, and my download speeds are now in the mid twenties. Today I ran btspeedtest and came up with the following results on test3...

speedtest110412.png

But on speedtest.net, still at mid twenties.

So my questions are:

Can either speedtest.net or btspeedtester be trusted - I do appreciate peak speeds and so on can be affected by traffic and contention but why such a difference?

Do I have a connection problem as indicated by btspeedtest?

Can I restore my initial speeds by requesting a line profile reset?

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnWinter
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: (yet another?) Infinity Speed Query/Issue

Bump for the Mods - is there any mileage in getting my line profile reset to restore previous speeds?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Try www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
JohnWinter
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Done.

And much the same as speedtest.net.

Although my question remains, why would my initially high line profile have dropped down by 10mbps? Worth asking for a reset?

John

bbmax.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

DLM can't be reset on FTTC. Your throughput is fine for your connection.

What was your estimation when you took out the service?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
JohnWinter
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the advice so far. Not sure about the estimate, but the line profile just after install was near 40mbps and I was getting mid thirties d/l, and near 10 u/l - so does my speed dropping off like this represent an issue, or normal behaviour?
0 Ratings