cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

youview and Now TV

I have been told that watching movies on the Now tv on demand app on my bt youview box that i will not get charged for the data allowance, but i have recently been emailed that i am close to my 40gb data allowance i know most my data has been used by wathcing this app as i dont download anything very little other tghan watching these movies. I  am very confused? I have subcribed to the £7.00 entertaiment pack.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: youview and Now TV

I found this on the usage page.

"If you are a YouView customer and subscribe to BT Vision, you will not be charged for any YouView usage. However, due to technical reasons, some YouView content is currently contributing to the usage monitor even though it's exempt.

We realise that this is confusing and makes the broadband usage monitor inaccurate. However, we are working to fix this issue as soon as possible."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Im defo going to be charged though by the the way the email has been sent??? £5.13 for an extrab 5gb i think. Unless they minus it when my bill comes.......confused???????

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I believe this has happened in the past to others. I know it's a pain but if you phone customer services and explain they should be able to sort it. It is a fairly well known issue but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes ages on the phone to sort out (everything with BT seems to)!
0 Ratings