cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 91 of 93

Re: zero upload speed ADSL broadband

Thank you very much for your kind advice.
0 Ratings
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 92 of 93

Hi everyone Today I called the options team. After dialing 0800800030 I chose option 2, which directed me to an offshore call centre. As I could hardly understand a word, I hung up, redialed and chose option 1. This directed me to a Glasgow call centre, so slightly easier to understand the words but the adviser tried to confuse me as much as possible. I said that I'm currently paying £31.50 per month for broadband, she said that I'm paying £33.44. I had to press hard for an explanation of the discrepancy, and finally she said in over 2 months time I will be paying that amount, as my free caller display will expire. As I was asking for a better deal for my BROADBAND, I was not amused. She basically wanted to show that I'm paying much more than I actually am, so that her offer would look good. However when we removed the extras not relating to broadband, her offer was only a £5 reduction, so it meant a 76.54 % increase of my monthly charge. And from July BT are increasing my broadband charges by further £3, so I will have to pay as a minimum 96.53% extra for a service that I did not want or ask for in the first place, but was forced to have because BT refused to sort out my ADSL connection. When I was offered the discounted deal last year, I was told that it would be only for one year, because there was no option on the system to offer it for longer, but I was assured that I could renegotiate on similar terms after my contract expired. I contacted the Mods. They are of no help either. Unfortunately my "original" Mod is on leave. At this stage I totally lost faith in BT. I hope that many people are going to read this post, whether here in the UK, China or outer space. BT is totally unethical, cons its clients into taking a service that they do not need and then charges them extortionate amounts of money. I feel that after many years of being faithful to this company it is time for me to leave. Other providers offer fibre broadband for £10 or even £8 per month in my area.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 93 of 93

I would phone the options team again as you will get someone different and may get a deal but probably not as good as any new customer. You can drop the extras but need to pay line rental.

moving every year is the best way to get the cheapest deal - if you can be bothered with the hassle and potential of no connection at change over

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.