cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 41 of 93

Re: zero upload speed ADSL broadband

She didn't seem eager to help.  Just stated that there was no issue now (and there was!!!), and that I should monitor the speed for several days.  She offered to call me on Thursday or Friday, but not at any specific time, so I guess that she expects me to wait for her phone call for two whole days.  I have other things to do in my life as well, like ...work, for example.  I am very depressed.  This is starting to affect my health.

0 Ratings
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 42 of 93

My speed test at present is as follows:

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
3.02 Mbps

0 Mbps 4 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 3.02 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 2.98 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
0.81 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.81Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

Everything works well and the internet access is perfect.

Is there some timer switch on in the exchange perhaps?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 93

btspeedtester fine now with upload speed as it should be

possible interference? 

interference causes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 44 of 93

I have checked the possible interference causes, as per your link.  I have used broadband for approx. 10 years, and it worked well until last July.  I have not done anything different at that point or since.  All cables are tidy.  Microfilters have been changed.  Silent test ok.

Power supplies - nothing new
power cables - nothing new
central heating pumps - nothing new
dimmer switches - none in the house
fluorescent lighting - nothing new
halogen lighting - none in the house
door bell power supply - none in the house
speakers - none in the house
TV interference - nothing new 
phone chargers - nothing new
sky boxes - none in the house
other satellite receivers - none in the house
certain types of radio transmitter - none in the house
microwave ovens - none in the house

My house is detached.

Anyway how would any of these cause interference only mornings and afternoons but not weekends or evenings?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 93

the times when you have a problem 8am to 3.30pm are not the norm which is peak time of 4pm onwards.  do you have a small radio you could check for rein as described here  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm

still think you need mod help but check would not hurt

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 46 of 93

I have taken this helpful suggestion into consideration.  I will try to do the test.  However it states that:

"REIN faults are also more common outside of working hours when more people are at home, turning on and utilising electrical equipment etc."

So it would suggest that my problem is caused by something else.  

Anyway why those things would affect my broadband but not my husband's business broadband, which is in the same house?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 93

Is the business broadband and equipment always turned on, could it have something to do with that, as the problem seems to be during working hours?

Perhaps a computer or laptop that is being used, or other office equipment? Was anything else added when the problem started?

0 Ratings
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 48 of 93

No, nothing was added when the problem started.  My husband has been using business broadband longer then I have used mine, over 11 years.  He works between 8am and 6.30pm, and my 'problem' ends at 3.30pm.  His equipment has never interfered with mine.  Today he's been away, so equipment switched off, but I had the worst experience ever with mine.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 49 of 93

Hi Emma,

Thank you for taking my call this evening. To be honest this is a really strange fault for it to only effect the upload side of your connection, during those hours. I do think the only way we will get to the bottom of this is to arrange for an engineers visit. I'll follow up with you on Friday to see how the appointment has gone.

Thanks

PaddyB

EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 50 of 93

Hi PaddyB

Thank you very much for taking an interest in my problem.  I think that your suggestion that I somehow have been bunched up with the local school (sharing their bandwidth) is a very good one. The school is half way between my house and the exchange.  I gues that my port was moved during the upgrade process which my exchange went through last summer.

Anyway, after last evening, when I could use the internet with ease, I am back to zero upload speed again, and practically no internet connection.  

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information. Download  Speed 3.05 Mbps   0 Mbps 4 Mbps Max Achievable Speed  2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information. Upload Speed 0 Mbps   0 Mbps 0.83 Mbps Max Achievable Speed 

Hopefully the engineer will be able to help.

Thanks.

0 Ratings